Red Sea Wavemaster Pro

xfusion

You can connect up to four PHs to it. There are actually 8 modes that you can choose from: Marine/Reef( gentle, rolling, turbulent, alternating ). In addition there is also a feed mode, where some pumps are temporary shut off and on after 10/30 minutes.

Oh!, there is also a night program that provides 8 hours of calmer water.

The unit will control the on/off of the PHs according to the selected mode.

:D

Yes, it would work with all PHs but durability and noise of the impeller should be considered. Most people commented that maxijet is best.

If you order online(US$109++ ) MarineDepot, and locally i saw one shop selling at $400 :blink:

I do agree with Ianj, a good combo with Maxijet phs

I have been using it 4 a yr.

The maxijet is one of the best ph in the mkt so no problem with wearing out the unit.

However, I do know a local reefer who do have problem using the Wavemaster Pro with Tunze stream.

Stream moter will get wear out easily.

• SRC Member
I getting a maxi-jet, was planning to alternate the flow with a timer

switch. wonder will spoilt the motor with the frequent onz n off leh..

hmm..

bro dun do the timer switch thing.

The Red sea operates on different principles. It does not turn on and off a powerhead. It reduces the current instead, so drop in speed to almost off then starts it agan. (known as soft start).

Using a timer to turn on and off will have higher chance of spoiling the powerhead. However, I have yet to see a pump that actually spoilt due to constant on/off. Maybe someone can try and feedback on how true it is. Or is it just a rumor started to boost sales of wavemakers? :heh:

I know almost nuts abt these.

but to my knowledge to get the PH to spoilt from

frequent onz n off, it must be veri much in a day.

getting it to turn onz twice or thrice a day, I doubt

it will spoilt fast.

Wearing off it won't be as much compare to "land-based" motor

which need to be oiled. Those motors need to be

"kick" start, n get the lubrication going to protect the parts.

Frequent short onz n off, will get the parts worn off easily.

(due to not enuff time to lubricate the parts)

I don't see any such oily/lubricated parts in any PH. unless

its the electronic adaptor that can't take the frequently off

n onz, then another matter.

my concept from cars 1. haha..!

• SRC Member

Beware, US is operating at 110v so their wavemaker can't operate on our system. Even you get a transformer to step down the voltage, the 4 output for your PH will also face voltage(110v output) problem. You can get it locally at $350 for redsea wavemarker Pro.

The Red sea operates on different principles. It does not turn on and off a powerhead. It reduces the current instead, so drop in speed to almost off then starts it agan. (known as soft start).

Cookiemunster is right, only maxijet comes with a soft start which will not wear off the impeller of the rotor. That is why you can't run a Tunze stream 6060 or 6080 with wavemarker.

• SRC Member
Beware, US is operating at 110v so their wavemaker can't operate on our system. Even you get a transformer to step down the voltage, the 4 output for your PH will also face voltage(110v output) problem. You can get it locally at $350 for redsea wavemarker Pro.

Cookiemunster is right, only maxijet comes with a soft start which will not wear off the impeller of the rotor. That is why you can't run a Tunze stream 6060 or 6080 with wavemarker.

Dersuz bro,

actually I was refering to the red sea wavemaker being soft start.

Are maxijets really softstart???? That would be cool! Where can I get more info about them?

Thanks

• SRC Member
Dersuz bro,

actually I was refering to the red sea wavemaker being soft start.

Are maxijets really softstart???? That would be cool! Where can I get more info about them?

:bow::paiseh: Sorry, my mistake. Indeed, Redsea wavemarker comes with a soft start function to prolong the lifespan of a PH.

So far maxijet has a better review on RC when use together with the wavemarker.

As for the tunze stream, they are not suitable because their speed is base on variation of voltage between 2 channels. Redsea wavemarker is based on 'on/off' switching. Long run will damage the clutch of the stream.

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Supporter

sorry to dig out this old thread,

i posted a question on this and now found a similar thread.

please ignore the other thread i posted about this.

after reading the above posts.it means that readsea wavemaker can only be best use with maxijet PH.

if that is the case..a simple timer will be sufficient right?

and isit true that the us version will have problem with our voltage?

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed