Re: Help needed

espresso

• SRC Member

Hi every1,

i am new to this forum...i started my marine hobby 6 months ago...so i still a newbie...still quite blur to alot of stuff...

Some ques to ask u guys:

1) How to get rid of crabs?(other than taking the whole LR out to wash it away)?

2) What is the best Coral food? (I'm feeding them with marine snow..but intend to change coz i heard it contains 90% water? or something like that.)

3) What is the best temperature range? (I'm using a redsun 280 chiller..for a 3ft X 1.5ft X 2ft tank.)

Thanks for the trouble of reading this topic...

• SRC Member

Hi espresso! Welcome!

Most of your questions are already answered in other threads but I don't wish to disappoint since this is your first post.

For removing crabs, read the thread on curing live rocks.

There are so many additives for corals - I suggest read some more to check out what's most popular. There are probably as many views as there are fishes in the ocean.

Most books will tell u temp range is 25 - 27 and most reefers will agree that 27 is fine. Some corals do better at 26 or lower. Experience will teach you but a shortcut is read up what others have experienced.

BTW, do read up all the pinned threads. Have fun!

• SRC Member

Thanks for the fast replies guys...hmmz...coz i am new here...not sure how to use the forum functions...hmmz...i read quite a few topics...Will order DT to feed my corals..hmmz..ok..coz i set the temp of the chiller to 24 only...think betta increase to 25..

ok...now searching for crab traps topic to aid me getting rid of the crabs...once again..thanks for the fast replies..