Is 1.020 SG ok for marine tank???

Please advise whether is 1.020 SG ok for the tank????if not what is the solution to increase the SG? As I'm a newbie, could anyone please advise what is SG used for in the marine tank.... thanks...

should be ok la my sg is usually 1.019 to 1.020 lowest is 1.018.nt sure wat the other snr reefers have to say but my corals and fish has adapt to this sg already and did not die when i put in my tank.anyway to increase sg u just have to put in more salt in ur tank i use this method.i just use a bucket take out some water from the tank and mix in more salt then later put in back nt sure wat the others have to say abt it.i dun really know wat the sg used by lfs i only know one is also around 1.020.

Someday i will dare to put my tanks specification here and u will envy it.PLEASE GIVE ME HIGHER RATING=)my tank

• SRC Member

Please advise whether is 1.020 SG ok for the tank????if not what is the solution to increase the SG? As I'm a newbie, could anyone please advise what is SG used for in the marine tank.... thanks...

1.02 is ok for a marine tank. You can either top up with higher SG salt mix or just let your tank evaporate and adjust slowly to a higher SG.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

some ppl prefer to have it at ard 1.023 to 1.025. reason is when mixing saltmix, if ur sg is too low, ur perimeters will be low too from the mix....personally my tank is running at 1.025 since i started reefing. to raise SG, u can add more salt, but raise ur SG slowly, so that ur corals n fishes will not be shocked