wavemaker

tagie_tag

• SRC Member

bro.

anyone have use item above got any good feedback on it.

thot of geting one for my 3ft by 1.5ft by 2ft. mp10 or mp20?

would it to strong for it? if u use it. mayb can save 3 normal wavemaker in ur tank correct or wrong. pls comment.? :thanks:

My thoughts bro

1) MP20 will be more appropriate

I am already running at about 80% (short pulse) in my 1.5 ft cube tank

2) If the purpose of you buying a MP20 is to eliminate the of wavemaker, then you might be wrong.

There might still be dead spot which you need to add wavemaker targeting those spot

3) Do note that MP20 can only be pointed straight. You cannot face it down , up , left or right by a few degrees. Its direction is not rotatable.

A lot also depend on you rock scape and where you are going to place the vortech.

4) Having multiple wavemakers instead of Vortech gives you more flexibility to direct the flow in your tank.

5) Main advantage of MP20 is - less heat in the tank, , small footprint, programmed modes :night mode, feeding mode, etc etc

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Do note EcoTech Marine did not release any EcoSmart upgrades for MP20. This model maybe going end-of-life soon.

http://ecotechmarine.com/ecosmart/

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Do note EcoTech Marine did not release any EcoSmart upgrades for MP20. This model maybe going end-of-life soon.

could be if their "multi pump" mode means that 1 driver can drives multiple wet units.

fewer models = fewer Cogs, fewer logistics/ stock = more revenue. makes sense.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

I dun think MP20 will discon as MP20 and MP40 targeted different type of tank size :evil: .

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

could be if their "multi pump" mode means that 1 driver can drives multiple wet units.

fewer models = fewer Cogs, fewer logistics/ stock = more revenue. makes sense.

There master and slave pump mode.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Hi, I am using MP40w for my 2 feet cube tank.

What I learnt from the expert is that MP20 could be too weak for use in my tank.

Currently, I am using about 3/4 strength for my maximum long pulse mode;

you can see the wave on the water surface.

And if I am having a 3x2x2 or a 4x2x2 tank, I prefer having one MP40w and one MP20 :)

coz, I think one can be master and one slave and they move in tandem; something like that.

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

• SRC Member

love this thread as having 3 tunzes is really unsightly. is vortech getting stable now. my tunzes served me well for the past 6 years without much problems.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

love this thread as having 3 tunzes is really unsightly. is vortech getting stable now. my tunzes served me well for the past 6 years without much problems.

I think the teething problems are gone now.

• SRC Member

Since we are on this topic... Any suggestions for 3x3x2? I am think two small one (MP10 and MP20)or one big one(MP 40)..

Yeah. me too. thinking of getting slave (MP20)or master (MP40)But money wise quite a bit gap leh..... :whistle

bro. jackywongto.

Main advantage of MP20 is - less heat in the tank, , small footprint, programmed modes :night mode, feeding mode, etc etc

i agreed. save space.but to i know new version hv better wave flow on diff direction if i not wrong :mellow:

• SRC Member

hope so. well i am currently using 6100 x 2 + one 6055 all controlled by 7091 and ofcoz my wavebox is a white elephant sitting around the tank without much use as its too unsightly for my 3.5ft tank and how many vortech shld do the job? tank size 3.5x2x1.5ft ht. return one ehiem 1262 and my or6500(on standby, not running)

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

i agreed. save space.but to i know new version hv better wave flow on diff direction if i not wrong mellow.gif

That I am not sure. I did not do any read up on ES model.

Maybe you can keep us posted after finding out more. :)

Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member

bro.

anyone have use item above got any good feedback on it.

thot of geting one for my 3ft by 1.5ft by 2ft. mp10 or mp20?

would it to strong for it? if u use it. mayb can save 3 normal wavemaker in ur tank correct or wrong. pls comment.? :thanks:

bro, get the MP40w. mp20 for ur tank may not give u results u wan. and also vortech r controllable. so u do not have to worry that it too strong for ur tank. i running a mp40 for my 4ft on short pulse on 80% power with help of a k4 n a k2, but still the current in my tank is weak.... might be adding in another vortech soon....

• SRC Member

:thanks: bro for all ur feesback on tis product.

have decided to geT vortech MP20 for my 3 feet tank.

now c who to buy from RD or parsir ris farm? :D

price of mp20 n mp40 not much diff...rather u buy the mp40.

hope so. well i am currently using 6100 x 2 + one 6055 all controlled by 7091 and ofcoz my wavebox is a white elephant sitting around the tank without much use as its too unsightly for my 3.5ft tank and how many vortech shld do the job? tank size 3.5x2x1.5ft ht. return one ehiem 1262 and my or6500(on standby, not running)

2 mp40 is suffice. i running 2 for my 3footer tank liao bro. go for 2. and use your tunzes as complements for back to front flow (:

tagie: you should get mp40. no point getting mp20 just to save a couple of bucks. not worth it (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

** clap clap !!!!!

It will be a great investment bro!

you will like it :)

• 1 month later...

my tank size is a 1.5ft cube. should i get MP10, 20 or 40?

MP10 will do.

I am using it and my tank is that size.