Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• SRC Member

super neon green acro frag. the green is intense and still keeping it after so long.

a pink birdnest from previous walt smith shipment. it was brown due to neglect but the pink is coming back!

Bro.. I like your Pink Birdnest... may I know what is your KH level ?

• Senior Reefer

Time to do a video for your fts with all your fishes swimming. Your green nephthea is a really nice piece (hint! hint!)

ugh i hate making videos.

the past 2 videos i made were a PITA.

my computer very old and laggy and cooling unit is spoilt. so i have to prop it up and let a fan blow underneath otherwise it will overheat and whole thing shut down.

past 2 videos i made the com shut down like 40+ times.

i will only make when it's absolutely necessary haha..

• Senior Reefer

Lemon. You can actually use iPhone4 to take the video and post directly into YouTube. It's really easy and definitely not PITA at all.

And I also like the green nepthea. *big hint*

Got exchange program??

yah but doing that means you cannot edit the video right? if i would take a tank video, i would take it in multiple parts and then combine it into a proper video.

xchange programme ah. ok lemme see how.

i have 3 request for the nephea now. u, jeremy and terryz.

i'll try to frag and let the frags stabalise then i'll offer up for trade.

• Senior Reefer

I usually take one video and upload. Not sure about the editing part. Never tried. :)

Sure sure. Good stuff are worth the wait.

ok thanks :)

ok i'll get working on the frags. maybe ready by next week or the week after.

Don't rush into the frags cause i've got nothing to offer other than algae. hee hee. I think you've got alot of items that i would love to have. hahaha

Don't rush into the frags cause i've got nothing to offer other than algae. hee hee. I think you've got alot of items that i would love to have. hahaha

Tneh!!! Thats not true. You have nice and hard-to-find SPS and zoas too!

And yes I agree lemon's tank has blossomed fast (and in good condition) over the past short few months.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

ok thanks :)

ok i'll get working on the frags. maybe ready by next week or the week after.

Count me in hor!! Hehe :))

Wow, actually I think your tank is blossoming quite fast! I guess it's the power of your skimmer and CR. Keeping stability in parameters is the key to SPS success :)

Well done lemon! ;)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer

Tneh!!! Thats not true. You have nice and hard-to-find SPS and zoas too!

And yes I agree lemon's tank has blossomed fast (and in good condition) over the past short few months.

thanks. :ThanxSmiley:

Count me in hor!! Hehe :))

Wow, actually I think your tank is blossoming quite fast! I guess it's the power of your skimmer and CR. Keeping stability in parameters is the key to SPS success :)

Well done lemon! ;)

Wow nice monti :thumbsup:

• SRC TOTQ Winner

blue polyped monti.

from tonga shipment. i got a big piece but too big for me. so i frag and share with some bros here.

this is my frag.

I like yr blue polyp monti. Pity that I missed that shipment as I didn't have the car that day. Tonga shipments have nice rare montis. When it's grown to a sizable size, can sell me a frag?

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Senior Reefer

Hey YK do you know any LFS in tokyo? shinjuku area or any place in tokyo that can be access by train?

there are LFS in tokyo but not that i know off.

i could ask Dr. tanaka if you want.

you can go to Osaka to see the fmaous bluehabour, where all the rarest fish in the world reside.

sagami basslet

guyanensis butterfly

resplendent angel

the world's only multicolor x coral beauty hybrid

sanguineus hog

etc etc etc and a whole myriad of rare fish.

• Senior Reefer

I like yr blue polyp monti. Pity that I missed that shipment as I didn't have the car that day. Tonga shipments have nice rare montis. When it's grown to a sizable size, can sell me a frag?

i will gladly give you a frag when it's bigger.

:) i remember seeing this piece in your tank thread. i don't know if it's the exact piece but i remember you were lookign for something like this.

• SRC TOTQ Winner

i will gladly give you a frag when it's bigger.

:) i remember seeing this piece in your tank thread. i don't know if it's the exact piece but i remember you were lookign for something like this.

That was a yellow base, purple polyp encrusting monti. Also from tonga shipment. Yeah, looking for such montis and I think they can only be found in tonga shipments. Next time, if u see any of such montis, must grab! Will be happy to share with it with you man! You are always early for shipments so good chance of grabing the gems

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

there are LFS in tokyo but not that i know off.

i could ask Dr. tanaka if you want.

you can go to Osaka to see the fmaous bluehabour, where all the rarest fish in the world reside.

sagami basslet

guyanensis butterfly

resplendent angel

the world's only multicolor x coral beauty hybrid

sanguineus hog

etc etc etc and a whole myriad of rare fish.

Osaka is THE place i would love to visit LFS and the massive aquarium, but for now am heading to Tokyo so would appreciate any recommendations of any LFS worth visiting in Tokyo would be great. thanks

• Senior Reefer

jeremy you want to find true hawaii flames, here's a tip.

true hawaiian flames are found only in hawaii. christmas island and marshall island flames are normal orangey coloured. our hawaii shipments carry fishes from all three localities.

mainland hawaii itself - collectors must go here to catch the endemic potter's and fisher's angelfish and flame wrasse.

christmas island - collectors must go here to catch black tangs and declivis butterflies

marshall island - collectors must go here to catch rhomboid wrasses, luteovittatus and bartlett anthias.

alot of people think that hawaii shipment means everything is caught in hawaii. not true. the list above i posted is an example. some fishes in hawaii shipment are not found in hawaii at all. like rhomboid wrasse.

fishes from all three locations will then go to a collection facility and be distributed around the world.

although flame angels from hawaii itself is very rare, there is a chance they are caught there as well because potter's and fisher's angels are found there. so collectors just catch the flames from there anyway, but at a much lower number due to rarity.

so these pure hawaiian flames get mixed with the xmas island ones in the collection facility and sometimes the pure red ones are shipped along with the normal ones.

if you want to find the pure red hawaiin flames, u must go to either LCK or iwarna. because these are the two LFS in singapore with the biggest number of flame angel import from hawaii shipment. each time at least 100-150 flames come in.

the chances of one hawaii flame entering the batch of normal ones is thus, increased alot. so forget about finding them in shops with small numbers of flame angels.

our local LFS do not know the specifics of fish unlike us. to them, all flame angels are same and all sold same price. so you can buy the red flame at the same price as the normal flame.

in the U.S however, the people there are very knowledgable and they separate the flames upon shipment, and mark up individually.

so you want red flame? go chiong every hawaii shipment at iwarna and LCK. i've seen 1 or 2 before in a shipment of hundreds. you need to sort through all and have a discerning eye for detail.

good luck.