Polyfilter

marinakid

any reefer can share their experience with this product?

i bought 1 some time back so yesterday decided to use it. realise my skimmer skimming out alot of water with the same setting.

i am using the red sea prism HOB. this created alot of micro bubble in the tank. nothing has change beside adding the polyfilter.

after this, i went to test the kH. realise it only 6. cannot conclude it due to the polyfilter as i did not test for awhile. but in the past it alway around 10-12 without adding any additive.

any reefer can share their experience with this product?

i bought 1 some time back so yesterday decided to use it. realise my skimmer skimming out alot of water with the same setting.

i am using the red sea prism HOB. this created alot of micro bubble in the tank. nothing has change beside adding the polyfilter.

after this, i went to test the kH. realise it only 6. cannot conclude it due to the polyfilter as i did not test for awhile. but in the past it alway around 10-12 without adding any additive.

hey Michael

I am a frequent poly filter user. I did not experience what you encounter bro.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Lol dear Michael

I was brainwashed by SL Sam for many years on the use of polyfilter.... And I quite stand by it on the removal of organic waste. You can simply do a test. In your mechanical filtration, Place a piece of polyfilter and on top of it, place a layer of normal cotton. Leave it there for 1-2 weeks. Then check the coloration of the 2 layers. You will be amazed with how dirty the poly filter is while the normal cotton remains largely white even though it is on the top layer. I attribute this to the organic waste being absorbed by the polyfilter causing it to turn dark brown. These days, I use poly filter as an emergency kit though and left my MCE does all the hard work.

And thanks for dropping by at my thread :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Supporter

i have been using the polyfilter fans for the past few years in reefing..

I observe that my LPS tend to open bigger and longer whenever i am using a polyfilter. If there is month that i didnt use it, the coral seem not to be opening as big as before.

Although i couldn't test the effectiveness of the poly filter, but the corals reaction to the increase in water condition say a thousand words.

HTH.. :)

• Moderators

i'm a user of poly filter for more than 6 years now and never experience the same problem u had.

IMO, this is one of the best chemical filter in the market. Safe for all kind of tanks.

As for changing of the filter, i changed them once a week or whenever it become totally dark in color.

The good thing about polyfliter is you can detect what is being absorb from your tank.

The initial colour before it turn too dark will determine what majority had been remove from your tank.

Think the back of the packing had the explanation. I run out liao and never stock due to decomm.

Tom

The good thing about polyfliter is you can detect what is being absorb from your tank.

The initial colour before it turn too dark will determine what majority had been remove from your tank.

Think the back of the packing had the explanation. I run out liao and never stock due to decomm.

if i remember correctly,

red = rust

brown = waste

blue = copper

seem like i the odd 1 out using this polyfilter.

anyway just a little update to share, skimmer back to normal but still creating alot of micro bubble in my tank. due to unknown reason.

hopefully this will subside when i go home today.