My RSM

kksg2000

nice bro...

you have a chiller connected too?

... cannot see the prawn....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

yes...connected to Hailea chiller 1/10... i think the current is strong and blown the prawn into the bottom cave in the center

Arh.... I see the tail.

you did not peel off the shell? you can peel and discard the prawn shell....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

ya....quite comfortable with the price, the starter kit, the size... and saw many people had success with this tank in the other forum... it was fairly noisy except when the chiller kicks in... only have budget to get hailac :P

ya....quite comfortable with the price, the starter kit, the size... and saw many people had success with this tank in the other forum... it was fairly noisy except when the chiller kicks in... only have budget to get hailac :P

kk,

hmmm... your chiller.... try not to place inside the cabinet.

I think the RSM cabinet does not have holes at the side or front... even if they have, the heat cannot be dissipated well.

You can place a PC or AC fan there but after a few weeks, the fan becomes weak and does not serve its purpose.

unless if you open up the door and blow a standing mini fan at it.

Note: The chiller is at its hottest when it has run for sometime and just about the cut off. Check the air around then... it can be rather hot.

• Like 2

• SRC Member

kk,

hmmm... your chiller.... try not to place inside the cabinet.

I think the RSM cabinet does not have holes at the side or front... even if they have, the heat cannot be dissipated well.

You can place a PC or AC fan there but after a few weeks, the fan becomes weak and does not serve its purpose.

unless if you open up the door and blow a standing mini fan at it.

Note: The chiller is at its hottest when it has run for sometime and just about the cut off. Check the air around then... it can be rather hot.

Noted... i am monitoring these few days and it seems the air around is not that hot. Now, I'm leaving the cabinet door open in the day where no one is at home and at night where i go to sleep.

nicely done KKS... look forward to more upates.

hey, if the chiller 'hot' air is blowing into the cabinet, wouldn't it be better to turn it around? let the hot air blow out instead?

just a suggestion. But it would also mean you need to have longer hose.

for the rocks, they look quite 'boulder-like' without much holes to place corals. you may when buying corals, but try to get those that can place nicely on the rocks. Alternatively, buy some gel glue or epoxy. you may need them.

not many RSMs around here, so will definitely check out your tank thread.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• 2 weeks later...