ZOAC NOT OPENING

Guys

WIll like to know why after i have bought the new zoac and then putting into my fish tank but never open up after one day also. is it due to the big waves that causes them to close up. For leather coral, seems that open a while and then close up again. Do i have to on my light of the tank so that they will wake up?? heeeehee

Guys

WIll like to know why after i have bought the new zoac and then putting into my fish tank but never open up after one day also. is it due to the big waves that causes them to close up. For leather coral, seems that open a while and then close up again. Do i have to on my light of the tank so that they will wake up?? heeeehee

heeeehee... yah.. need to switch on your lights....then they will open....

if switch on lights and they are still sleeping, then something is wrong liao....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

heeeehee... yah.. need to switch on your lights....then they will open....

if switch on lights and they are still sleeping, then something is wrong liao....

Just for one day, and the coral can die??/ ganopa seems ok and i doubt is the water quality right? then for anemone, seems that coming out a lot of sticky parts, is it common or already dead?? also bought at the same day and only for one day for today in my fish tank

Zoas need moderate flow and strong light. If the Zoas is not opening a day or two after you on the light, try shifting it into another location in your tank and see if it does.

Just for one day, and the coral can die??/ ganopa seems ok and i doubt is the water quality right? then for anemone, seems that coming out a lot of sticky parts, is it common or already dead?? also bought at the same day and only for one day for today in my fish tank

If your water condition is not good, sadly to say your corals may not be doing well in your tank. esp if you find that your anemone begin to move around which is a tell sign that it is not doing well.

Prehapes you can tell us more about your tank parameter i.e ; tank size, water parameter , types of filteration you are using and are you runing a chiller ?

We are then be able to advice you more on it.

friends.gif

If your water condition is not good, sadly to say your corals may not be doing well in your tank. esp if you find that your anemone begin to move around which is a tell sign that it is not doing well.

Prehapes you can tell us more about your tank parameter i.e ; tank size, water parameter , types of filteration you are using and are you runing a chiller ?

We are then be able to advice you more on it.

friends.gif

Running with top filter and without chiller. Water parameters should be fine as i have tested already. the anemone is not moving around and has stuck onto the live rock already. it just seems that the anemone keep on spliting out those sticking things and worry that may have die already too.

Is your anemone still opening ? Did you measure the temp of the water in your tank ? Some anemone need good flow and lighting in order to be kept. Try monitoring it for a few day , and if it's really not doing well prehapes you should condier taking it out or it may affect the overall water condition.

Prehapes you can also consider runing a fan ( Cheaper alternative) to chill down your tank , but you need to top up with treated fresh water every day to compensate the water loss or get a chiller for long term .

if the anemone die and rot inside your tank, it will casue a spike in Amonia esp in a small tank and your tank is new, so you might want to consider doing a major water change as well if this happen.

Is your anemone still opening ? Did you measure the temp of the water in your tank ? Some anemone need good flow and lighting in order to be kept. Try monitoring it for a few day , and if it's really not doing well prehapes you should condier taking it out or it may affect the overall water condition.

Prehapes you can also consider runing a fan ( Cheaper alternative) to chill down your tank , but you need to top up with treated fresh water every day to compensate the water loss or get a chiller for long term .

if the anemone die and rot inside your tank, it will casue a spike in Amonia esp in a small tank and your tank is new, so you might want to consider doing a major water change as well if this happen.

Yes, anemone is still opening..

Running a fan?? how to do it and please advise???

• SRC Member

Yes, anemone is still opening..

Running a fan?? how to do it and please advise???

place a fan,blowing across the tank or blowing directly into the water (over the tank where you can see the water directly)

Normally use hang on fan which you can go clementi Block 328 to buy.

• SRC Member

Running with top filter and without chiller. Water parameters should be fine as i have tested already. the anemone is not moving around and has stuck onto the live rock already. it just seems that the anemone keep on spliting out those sticking things and worry that may have die already too.

you've tested your parameters already?

tell us what did you test?? Nitrate? Ammonia?

also, without chiller what's the current temperature of your water?

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

you need to go and read on the basics of starting a marine tank and coral, anemone care.

One glance at your post is enough to tell me that zero research has been done.

Not to sound harsh, but before we can help you, you need to do your part by reading. This hobby is not just a hit and miss. Research has to be done.

Need details.

Tank size?

How long has it been running.

What kind of filtration, skimmer, equipment are you using?

What is top filter? never heard of it.

stop saying your parameter is fine. how do you know if its fine? we need numbers. give us actual numbers to your parameters.

Ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, calcium, magnesium, pH, temperature, etc.

What is ganopa? I assume its goniopora? Again research

Leather corals will close for a while and re-open few days later. they do this to shed mucus layer. again, read.

zoanthids not opening after 1 day? not good. usually open after 1 day. again, read? and parameters please.

anemone? with a leater coral? Need to know the size of your tank.

Two highly chemically aggressive animals in 1 tank is not good. Chemical allelopathy is very high. (Chemical warfare)

Ok just answer some of the basic questions i ask you before we can help.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but all the beating around the bush isn't going to help much.

There are alot of important things that the others have missed out. Just answer some of the more important questions i have asked you.