NSW users/wanna use NSW pls read

comycus

• SRC Member

ehhh, previously using Rowa, but just finished and bought Dymax carbon. Anyone have any feedback on Dymax Carbon??? They say for saltwater use too... :P

i'm using pura carbon...can buy from RB...cheapo type will leak phosphates back to your water...beta dun thrift on carbon...either u use good ones or u dun use at all...

alternatively, can use henry's goodbye po4...can bring down your phosphate level and make your water clearer and cleaner...

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

ahaha thanks bro.Lemon (:

whee! I also using ROWA Carbon now. Ehh supposed to buy Rox but I cannot wait cause tank starts to show signs of unhappiness; then about to get my usual Eheim Karbon, a nice bro decided to lelong his ROWA carbon at a good price. Found it hard to turn down so okay! bought and using ROWA Carbon :D

never heard of Rox andn ever used it before so i don't know and won't comment on it, but i've been a strong user in ROWA products including ROWA phos and ROWA carbon. it's been excellent so far.

• SRC Supporter

i'm using pura carbon...can buy from RB...cheapo type will leak phosphates back to your water...beta dun thrift on carbon...either u use good ones or u dun use at all...

alternatively, can use henry's goodbye po4...can bring down your phosphate level and make your water clearer and cleaner...

HEHE, I'm already using Henry's Goodbye PO4... got it during the promotion now... value for money.. the bottle I bought, we calculated can use >15years!!!!! Cos my tank only need so little dosage, damn funny..we were laughing over it until peng...u using too?

• SRC Member

HEHE, I'm already using Henry's Goodbye PO4... got it during the promotion now... value for money.. the bottle I bought, we calculated can use >15years!!!!! Cos my tank only need so little dosage, damn funny..we were laughing over it until peng...u using too?

yup...everyday i dose...as a result, everyday i have to clean my skim :groupwavereversed: mer neck and collection cup...hur hur... :eyebrow:

rmb to up your KH when using this...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Just happen to read thru this thread and though i contribute a little.

I have been using NSW since day one and on a weekly basis, i do a 10% water change (~75litres) so far i'm not affected as yet by it.

Unless my refractometer is screwed, i normally get a reading of 1.023 reading for the NSW. I have not witness any death in my livestocks as yet. Corals seems to be doing fine so far too....

From what i understand, the NSW i bought goes thru quite a fair bit of filtration before its sold to us (again, this is mentioned by the LFS and all i got to see are the filtration ponds) so i am not really that concern yet la....

Unless something significant happens, i think i will stick to this routine. :groupwavereversed:

:: just a noob ::

• SRC Member

I use Chemi-Pure & Chemi-Pure Elite. Both are great but Elite has ferric iron oxide incorporated. Keeps the water crystal clear.

Carbon is an adsorption media and will lose effectiveness gradually so be sure to replace at regular intervals.

http://chemi-pure.com/

http://www.fosterand...cfm?pcatid=4177

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)