ID unusual blenny

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Senior Reefer

Have your all check the genus Istiblennius? From Dr, burgess book that I have, the fish resemble the ones from the genus Istiblennius

yes checked. but the resemblance is not very uncanny.

besides what does the location say?

we did not confirm ours is omobranchus meniscus, but we very highly suspect because of the location and habitat.

anyway the email i send to GBD, i made sure i did not convince them it was a new species. i just say could it be? :eyebrow:

Terry & Lemon: Yea it be weekend. You guys collect while I fished more tiger grouper. I trying my best to ID the grouper I caught as well but more or less confirm as a juv M. Tigris

I wun be going... :ThanxSmiley:

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Terry & Lemon: Yea it be weekend. You guys collect while I fished more tiger grouper. I trying my best to ID the grouper I caught as well but more or less confirm as a juv M. Tigris

lol! i only go once my 6 die out :(

• Senior Reefer

If they eat shouldnt be a problem... It is net caught, no cyanid used... LOL..

net caught until one of mine can break an entire pelvic fin off.

i think i too rough... the mussels are very rough you know! :( poor fish

Oh. No lah. I'm just curious where. As you know, I'm not that "pro-environmentalist" as I contribute to air polution.

Anyway good catch and aren't we glad to discover such a breakthrough here around our local waters.

Do keep us posted on any feedback from ur email queries k.

Good job and good night bro.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer

FINALLY GOT A REPLY FROM GLASSBOXDESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Yi Kai,

Many thanks for the e-mails and photos. The fish is certainly an interesting one! While it could very well be O. meniscus which was recently found to live in Singapore, I am not overly familiar with the Omabranchus genus.

If you are okay with it, I'd like to forward your images on to some ichthyologists and experts to see their take on the species. Please let me know.

Take care.

Best,

Eric

GLASSBOXDESIGN

i replied him and told him to please do! and if need be, i could provide more photos and a DNA sample if need be. I also do hope he will update this on GBD.

I also received a few e-mails from wetwebmedia but nothing much they know about it.

EXCITING!!!!!

• SRC Member

Cool, now I have to separate them from the soonhocks. Just dumped into my toyogo full of LR after getting home. Hope the soonhocks didn't eat them. It is not the only omabranchus in SG. I got an O. Zebra before. They all like to hide in empty shells. If we had kept the shell full of eggs, we would have hundreds. That is until they all die out. Lol

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Cool, now I have to separate them from the soonhocks. Just dumped into my toyogo full of LR after getting home. Hope the soonhocks didn't eat them. It is not the only omabranchus in SG. I got an O. Zebra before. They all like to hide in empty shells. If we had kept the shell full of eggs, we would have hundreds. That is until they all die out. Lol

That is cool... O. Zebra is nice too...

Member of:

FINALLY GOT A REPLY FROM GLASSBOXDESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Yi Kai,

Many thanks for the e-mails and photos. The fish is certainly an interesting one! While it could very well be O. meniscus which was recently found to live in Singapore, I am not overly familiar with the Omabranchus genus.

If you are okay with it, I'd like to forward your images on to some ichthyologists and experts to see their take on the species. Please let me know.

Take care.

Best,

Eric

GLASSBOXDESIGN

i replied him and told him to please do! and if need be, i could provide more photos and a DNA sample if need be. I also do hope he will update this on GBD.

I also received a few e-mails from wetwebmedia but nothing much they know about it.

EXCITING!!!!!

GREAT NEWS... Lemon, your name will be know internationally.. LOL...

Anyway, mine is feeding on pellets.. But i only saw 1 so far...

Member of:

• SRC Member

Glad that you guys left the shell of eggs alone and not trying to hatch and breed them at home. This is the only way for the species to populate themselves there in the wild. Who knows, that shell of eggs could also be the only batch of eggs in that area.

Glad that you guys left the shell of eggs alone and not trying to hatch and breed them at home. This is the only way for the species to populate themselves there in the wild. Who knows, that shell of eggs could also be the only batch of eggs in that area.

Yeah, I guess so... It might be a good thing we threw it back...

Member of: