New Tank 48" x 30" x 20"

ming69

• SRC Member

Your scaping reminds me of a Thai Tank I saw in

very similar concept....

:lol: Think his level is way beyond me. I wasn't trying to scape like his tank, just so happen the rocks I have allow me to shape them in such a way that I have a larger surface at the top for SPS, and I don't want to have too many rocks at the lower level. Also, I like the bonsai scape type of look. keke

Also, with the 2.5 ft height combine with my high cabinet, I don't want to do the rock scaping within the tank. Don't think my back can take the strain. hahaha!!

Therefore, do up 3 main pieces and just plonk them in, and hope they look ok together. :lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

that's chinchai's tank from Thailand... he's like the GOD of reefing in Reefcentral :)

Anyway, Sis Ming, i think not that bad la.. a bit like our tank at our old place.. Just a bit difficult for u to trim your SPS and place corals at the bottom i guess :)

:lol: Think his level is way beyond me. I wasn't trying to scape like his tank, just so happen the rocks I have allow me to shape them in such a way that I have a larger surface at the top for SPS, and I don't want to have too many rocks at the lower level. Also, I like the bonsai scape type of look. keke

Also, with the 2.5 ft height combine with my high cabinet, I don't want to do the rock scaping within the tank. Don't think my back can take the strain. hahaha!!

Therefore, do up 3 main pieces and just plonk them in, and hope they look ok together. :lol:

No problem lah sister. At most if it cannot go in, we cut up those "extra" ends with a wall plug cutter hehe :)

And no worries lah, I am sure that 3rd piece will look alright inside the tank :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

that's chinchai's tank from Thailand... he's like the GOD of reefing in Reefcentral :)

Anyway, Sis Ming, i think not that bad la.. a bit like our tank at our old place.. Just a bit difficult for u to trim your SPS and place corals at the bottom i guess :)

The initial idea to have the tank sit at this height is, firstly, hubby feels is better to have the tank at eye-level. Secondly, it is to prevent myself from constantly sticking my hands in to mess with the corals. :chair:

No problem lah sister. At most if it cannot go in, we cut up those "extra" ends with a wall plug cutter hehe :)

And no worries lah, I am sure that 3rd piece will look alright inside the tank :)

Thanks for the reassurance. :lol:

Just tried to pick up the rocks. The 3rd piece is the heaviest, surprisingly.

Are u getting trigger happy with the cutter?? ;)

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Thanks for the reassurance. :lol:

Just tried to pick up the rocks. The 3rd piece is the heaviest, surprisingly.

Are u getting trigger happy with the cutter?? ;)

Haven't. Decided not to cut up my rocks. hahaha.

Leave them as it is and let the remaining frags grow out. They should be able to cover up the gaps and negative space. hehe (:

Anyway can't wait for weekend and Aquarama! I need my DOSING PUMPS!!! :S

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

So It doesn't look so big and bulky? Anyway, the other cabinets near it is also white. :lol:

White is nice and clean...It look good :groupwavereversed: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

hi ming69, nice rock scape. Hmm maybe u can place the center rock slightly forwards, the left rock slightly backwards and reduce the height of the center rock, this way it will have a more indepth look. It will be even better if the left and right rock is also slightly different in height. Just a suggestion. :cheers:

5x2.5x1.5ft Rimless Dream Tank (06/03/12)
Skimmer - Reefoctupus

Return Pump - 1 x Eheim 1264, 1 x water blaster 7k
Wavemaker - 2 x mp40es
Chiller - Daikin compressor with coil drop in
Lighting - 4 x 80w T5 Pair 1(6hrs23/12/12),Pair 2(16/06/12312hrs 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (1/3/12) -(15/11/12)6hrs and 2 x 80w De-lighting Retrofit (13/10/12) -6hrs)
Reactor - Dosing pump (01/01/11)

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

oh? crashing noise from the overflow compartment?

Build a durso pipe

Part of the noise is from the overflow compartment, done the durso liao, may have to raise it higher though. Also, I think the overflow pipe size is a bit too big, 2 x 30mm pipes, running a 4500L/hr pump. Thinking of closing one....

The other source of the noise is from the water flowing into the return section of the sump. Think may have to add something to reducing the water crashing sound....

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Part of the noise is from the overflow compartment, done the durso liao, may have to raise it higher though. Also, I think the overflow pipe size is a bit too big, 2 x 30mm pipes, running a 4500L/hr pump. Thinking of closing one....

The other source of the noise is from the water flowing into the return section of the sump. Think may have to add something to reducing the water crashing sound....

sis, you can put in black sponge (can get from c328) to minimise the splashing sound.

Heard that you live very near me, haha, need any help just sms me :D

• SRC Member

sis, you can put in black sponge (can get from c328) to minimise the splashing sound.

Heard that you live very near me, haha, need any help just sms me :D

Was thinking of doing that. Would it choke easily? Me sometimes not always on the ball for checking stuff like that. :lol: Too many distractions. <_<

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Was thinking of doing that. Would it choke easily? Me sometimes not always on the ball for checking stuff like that. :lol: Too many distractions. dry.gif

should not be sis, my friend tank setup 2 -3 months till now haven choke... ( however just updating his sump compartment, from the display tank -> sump pipe is filtered with filter socks)..

if you use filter socks should not be an issue, maybe you can check 1 month once.. hehe.