food for tangs

• Senior Reefer

stop feeding them brine shrimp.

brine shrimp may be delicious to fishes but it has no nutrition, unless you enrich it with selcon and/or food additives, vitamins.

brine shrimp to fishes is like potato chips to humans.

Yup agreed adult brine shimp is mainly water. It is newly hatched ones that are nutritious.

In my opinion to keep them healthy we gotta include a diet that includes a lot of algae. Eg Dried Nori

With regards to garlic, I find that there is a increase in the fish's appetite after soaking their food in garlic. However the results are not immediate. What I believe is that garlic has some anti parastic(internal) properties and prolong usage will improve the fish's appetite.

Hope it helps =)

• Senior Reefer

tangs need algae. majority of people do not know that tangs are herbivorous in the wild. they eat mainly algae and occasionally some invertebrates.

just because they eat mysis, brine etc does not mean they are happy. they still need their algae.

nori, macroalgae etc are excellent sources of algae.

to make it more interesting, i sometimes, jsut put some seaweed inbetween the rocks, instead of seaweed clip...

so that they have to hunt for it, like how it is like in th wild... hahhaha

fun to watch!

The flip side is that my cleaner shrimp also snatch the seaweed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

Thohoyandou traditional healer “((+2779 **029 **3623)) whatsapp**GOGO NFULI**bring back lost lover spells**sangoma in Thohoyandou, Musina, Modimolle, Zebediela, Giyani, Mankweng, Senwabarwana, Dendron, Thohoyandou, Elim, Loius Trichardt, Botlokwa, Bela Be

2. 0

SANGOMA IN-(LIMPOPO)•.•((+277''90•29•3623))•.•Mama-Peace㏎)௹]Bring Back Lost Lover-Traditional healer-In-Polokwane, Mankweng,Seshego,Turfloop, Loius Trichardt Seshego, Lebowakgomo, Tzaneen, Mankweng, Mokopane, Lephalale, Burgersfort, Jane furse, Bochum, Ph

3. 0

SPIRITUAL HEALER ♥♥+27790293623♥♥SPELL CASTER, TRADITIONAL HEALER , LOST LOVE SPELLS, HEALING SPELLS, LUCK SPELLS, SANGOMA, PROTECTION SPELLS, FINANCE SPELLS, MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE SPELLS.call ♥+27790293623♥.MAMA GRACE ♥+27790293623♥is an expert healer, lo

4. 0

LOVE SPELL CASTER╬ )•.•((+277''90•29•3623))•.•╬GAY & spell/Death & Revenge Spells IN Uganda, South africa Nairobi, Naivasha, Taitaveta, Bungoma Riftvalley, garisa Wajir, Kisi, Nakuru, bungoma, Western Mombasa, Dodama, Mombasa, Kampala, Kawempe, Ji

5. 0

TRADITIONAL HEALER [+277-902-93623]] ╬ SANGOMA IN MODIMOLLE, ZEBEDIELA, SENWABARWANA, DENDRON, NABOOM , BOTOKWA, BRONKHORSTPRUIT, SOSHANGUVE, MAMELODI, MABOPANE, VOSLOORUS, MAFIKENG, WESTENBURG, NIRVANA, BENDOR, BUGERSFORT, SOUTH AFRICA