<PBO> Algae Scrubber Order - Part 2

enseng

• SRC Member

Hi bro gondoo,

Yes, e price is quoted as $115 based on the drawing from santa Monica. Did u modify a lot from it? As mentioned by e maker, I can't use ur drawing as this is their policy not to reuse customer drawing unless it is ordered by the orgininator. See below from their reply,can help on this? :thanks:

"It will be at $115 each for 10 pcs not $100.

For the drawing, I will not be able to use for your order as it belongs to another customer.

Our company will not release/ reuse the drawing of my customers unless it's ordered by the same person.

Thus if you would like to confirm, I would require you to bring down your set of drawing and specs.

Thank you for your attention & kind understanding."

As for e different sizes, they will charge higher price so I think it'd better we stick to the 2ft length. See below for e reply.

"If you would like to have 2 different lengths, it possible but there will be a price adjustment.

If based on MOQ of 5 each for different length, the price will be @ $130 each.

Hope the above clarifies. Thank you!"

I have a lots of algae, that's why need this algae scrubber :lol:

Yes bro, there is quite a few size changes, especially to hold the light alignment part, the original box was design to hold Nova lights. rolleyes.gif

Based on the previous design, there are also water proofing, extra acrylic strips to hold the lights in place, an outflow tube instead of buying extra bulk head (thats what SM is using, and bulk head not cheap also hor)....

Like I say, the price of my design is between $130-$140, (need to finalize with him).

If you guys want to design yourself (use other light set etc), then no need me to coordinate liao lor.... cheers.gif

Last time I spoke to him (after I got screwed), price will be around the same for smaller dimension... if I place the order, if you guys order, please don't quote me again hor, don't get me screwed again... lol...friends.gif

PS: Those getting small size ones might need to bring the light set down to them for precise measurements. The previous measurements are all done based on Aquazonic light set, in fact we met quite a few times to get the measurement correct.... online2long.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

hi Goondoo, i'm using 250 RSM can this algae Scrubber be install?

Erm... bro, I never see RSM before leh :P

But it fits nicely on top of my 2 ft sump.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

bro goondoo thank you for the contacts and the coordination really appreciate it. No problem pass you a small zoa frag once the deal has gone through. Didn't say what type so will pass you normal zoas k!

Bloody hell should had seized the opportunity when he offered me the scrubber deal! wasted!)

We use your improved design if you don't mind and also what do you mean by bulk head? can't seem to visualise it.

To all:

Guys may i suggest that since the scrubber price is more or less fixed, to bring the cost down of the whole setup we should get a better pricing for the light fixtures. As i believe Ah Beng and C328 also carry this same product and with a total of 20 sets to be bought we can get a bargain deal. Using the same type as Goondooo and Steven, can't go wrong and will give us less hassle to bring the fixture down to the manufacturer.

So what say you guys? I'm IN.....

Also just a pointer that might be considered for those interested in a smaller size scrubber. A 1.5ft scrubber the light wattage used is 9W per lamp so x 2 = 18Ws. It might be under powered you guys need to read up SM's thread on wattage per screen size.

hi Goondoo, i'm using 250 RSM can this algae Scrubber be install?

Bro, scrubber has many ways to install, most of the reefers here and overseas install it in the sump.

Follow this link http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73162

and you'll see many ways reefers all around has installed their scrubbers.

QUOTE (91Litres @ Mar 5 2010, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why do you need a box? i just diy myself with pvc pipes and arcylic

1) Neater,

2) Nicer,

3) Safer,

4) More efficient

5) Looks good even if put on top of a non-sump tank.

Those who might consider a shorter srcubber there would be a change in light wattage.

Q: What's the best wattage/power bulb to use?

A: Generally, up to 50 watt CFL bulbs. The more powerful the light, the faster your nitrate, phosphate, and nuisance algae will be reduced, and the lower they will stay. The bare minimum for any setup is a 23W CFL Floodlight, 2700K or 3000K. A maximum might be a 55 watt bulb, but you can have multiple smaller bulbs, of course, in order to reach your recommended total wattage. The ultimate are TH5O bulbs, which spread the light out so that the most light-power can be placed near the algae, without "burning" it.

Quote from SM

Ok easy to see the problem. Your screen is too small. Your wattage is too little.

The recommendation is 1 square inch double sided per gallon. Yours is 144 inches, single sided. So add another bulb on the other side.

The recommendation is 0.5 watts per gallon (actual, not equivalent) minimum, and 1.0 watts per gallon for high performance. Yours is 0.15. So replace that bulb with at least a 33 watts (actual, not equivalent), and preferably a 45 watts. Then put the same on the other side. These are strong bulbs so they'll need to be about 6-7 inches from the screen.

This fill fix it.

• SRC Member

Bro enseng,

light sets and pipes you guys have to get yourself hor....

I only do the coordination if you all is agreeable to it and I can get at least 5 sets. Since it is not profitable (besides the zoos :P), you will have to transfer me the monies one it is confirmed.

I will also not upload any quotation & invoice online hor.... after I see the confirmation, all will go by email/pm liao.... One time pain enough liao.... :eyeblur::eyeblur:

bro Eniram,

Who ask you backside itchy.... give me something nice OK :friends::friends:

PS: (I prefer something bright :ThanxSmiley::ThanxSmiley:)

PS: This is likely the last BO hor..... next time anyone need please find your own maker without quoting me or our BO details :)

Thanks!

Please start the name list, I will close next Friday? (was thinking of closing it tomorrow if I can hit 5... lol)

Estimated price is between $130-140 for the box only!

Box include: 2 acrylic strips to ensure lights won't fall off, 3" of 40-50mm Acrylic pipe for water out flow, a acrylic lid.

Refer to here if you need other info

• Like 1

Regards,

Billy Cheong

Erm...need to clarify a bit on the pricing, Debbie (maker) quoted me $115 for 10 sets MOQ, but need to bring drawing for confirmation as she said she can't reuse the 1st order drawing unless it is ordered by the originator (Bro Gondoo). Later on, due to different length requirement, she quote $130 for MOQ 5sets each.

Bro Goondo, can help to confirm on the price and MOQ?

Since bro goondo agrees to do the coordination, we will use his design and drawing, the length will be fixed at 2ft. Below are the list (Closed by 30/7):

1. yptay (pls double confirm your order)

2. eniram

3. fatbike (pls double confirm your order)

4. nik1805 (pls double confirm your order)

Sorry guys, I opt out as I just got myself a set from a bro who purchased it at previous order. However, if you short of one to make up the number then I can buy first then see if got anyone interested to buy from me in future. :lol:

Quickly make up your mind as this will be the last order, individual order at future will cost at $190/set.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Aquazonic 2ft 24W lighting set, I got mine from 328 clementi, at $42. I can check with the shop on the bulk purchase price again. Anywhere can get it at a cheaper rate? I know that AM has no stock at the moment.

Light set order list:

1. ambystoma82 x 2sets

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the PVC pipes and connector, will check it out at the shop beside ying kwang as mentioned by bro Gondoo.

• SRC Member

HAIL the leader... pls show us a path....

Cool... mass order can be cancel since Bro FUel have cheaper lobang!! :) But you really should come since I did the first BO :lol:

Regards,

Billy Cheong

Here are the updated list:

1. yptay (pls double confirm your order)

2. eniram

3. nik1805

Looks like we are not able to get the MOQ. You guys want to contact Joe_P individually for the fabrication?

Bro Eniram,

I thought you already have the algae scrubber set. You still need one more?

Anyone has idea where to get the plastic canvas sheeting west area? Thanks!

Dear All,

If Aquazonic light set does not comes with 1.5 feet length...

Alternatively, reefers can get those T5 lighting from DAMA. It comes with length from 1 feet, 1.5 feet onwards and in different spectrum. warm white, day light etc.. ( This is what I get and had email link to SM, he mentioned it works )

So we may use 2 tubes per side to get around 32watts.

Refer link below.

http://www.dama.com.sg/super-slim-lighting.htm

I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR BULK ORDER FOR 1.5 FEET also.. ( the acrylic scrubber ) ( ANYONE DOING TOGETHER????

why not u all try this contact? They are very professional with good service. Can custom all kinds of acrylic projects.

Yin Kwang

Yin kwang

Just send them your drawing and u get a quotation in a day.

Hi bro skinbone,

Yes, we r supposed to get it from yin kwang, e previous bulk order that bro gondoo organize also from them. But now we r unable to meet their moq..

So e deal was off..

Dear All,

If Aquazonic light set does not comes with 1.5 feet length...

Alternatively, reefers can get those T5 lighting from DAMA. It comes with length from 1 feet, 1.5 feet onwards and in different spectrum. warm white, day light etc.. ( This is what I get and had email link to SM, he mentioned it works )

So we may use 2 tubes per side to get around 32watts.

Refer link below.

http://www.dama.com.sg/super-slim-lighting.htm

I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR BULK ORDER FOR 1.5 FEET also.. ( the acrylic scrubber ) ( ANYONE DOING TOGETHER????

Hi bro Chris21,

Yes I think there is aquazonic light but 1.5ft but only 16 w..

R u getting e algae scrubber from yin kwang or u can ask bro allantang to get quote from jb..I think some of e bros here interested to do 1.5 ft as well

As for e plastic canvas sheet, j get it from artfriends at taka, $1.50/sheet..PVC pipe and connector can get from bes-gros. E shop diagonally opposite yin kwang.. Hope e information helps..

• SRC Member

why not those who r interested gather n we make ourselves.. i can show u all some acrylic work.. no worries.. no service charge.. is free but material.. pool together n buy from art friend. think we can finish it in a day..

Bro Enseng,

Can clarify does the Aquazonic comes in 1.5ft with 2 tubes of (8 watts x 2 tubes) = 16watts?

if in this way, we can use 1 set of light on one side. ( 16 watts per side x 2 = 32 watts )

Cheers..

Right now i am still sourcing for an manufacturer... Those keen maybe can discuss further.. If i can get the quote early, maybe will go down on Friday morning..

Any bros, keen to go down together? price should be less than $100 and location is at kaki bukit.. kindly pm me your contact if keen..

Specification:

Algae Scrubber ( suitable for 2 feet cube tank)

Length: 1 feet plus

See attached for details.

(any experience algae scrubber can chip in comments as well.. )

Those keen, kindly PM me your contact, will arrange to meet up and go down on Friday morning.

post-1923-001808500 1280804547_thumb.jpg

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

Thohoyandou traditional healer “((+2779 **029 **3623)) whatsapp**GOGO NFULI**bring back lost lover spells**sangoma in Thohoyandou, Musina, Modimolle, Zebediela, Giyani, Mankweng, Senwabarwana, Dendron, Thohoyandou, Elim, Loius Trichardt, Botlokwa, Bela Be

2. 0

SANGOMA IN-(LIMPOPO)•.•((+277''90•29•3623))•.•Mama-Peace㏎)௹]Bring Back Lost Lover-Traditional healer-In-Polokwane, Mankweng,Seshego,Turfloop, Loius Trichardt Seshego, Lebowakgomo, Tzaneen, Mankweng, Mokopane, Lephalale, Burgersfort, Jane furse, Bochum, Ph

3. 0

SPIRITUAL HEALER ♥♥+27790293623♥♥SPELL CASTER, TRADITIONAL HEALER , LOST LOVE SPELLS, HEALING SPELLS, LUCK SPELLS, SANGOMA, PROTECTION SPELLS, FINANCE SPELLS, MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE SPELLS.call ♥+27790293623♥.MAMA GRACE ♥+27790293623♥is an expert healer, lo

4. 0

LOVE SPELL CASTER╬ )•.•((+277''90•29•3623))•.•╬GAY & spell/Death & Revenge Spells IN Uganda, South africa Nairobi, Naivasha, Taitaveta, Bungoma Riftvalley, garisa Wajir, Kisi, Nakuru, bungoma, Western Mombasa, Dodama, Mombasa, Kampala, Kawempe, Ji

5. 0

TRADITIONAL HEALER [+277-902-93623]] ╬ SANGOMA IN MODIMOLLE, ZEBEDIELA, SENWABARWANA, DENDRON, NABOOM , BOTOKWA, BRONKHORSTPRUIT, SOSHANGUVE, MAMELODI, MABOPANE, VOSLOORUS, MAFIKENG, WESTENBURG, NIRVANA, BENDOR, BUGERSFORT, SOUTH AFRICA