My seahorse tank

allantang

• SRC Member

:paiseh: hi.. i'm going to be 1 year old soon.. when i grow up, i wan to be a bonbouri.. a white knight

WOO.. :thumbsup: . Get a full tank shot please...

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

What flowrate are you putting into the seahorse tank?

My dilemma is that my refugium flowrate is quite slow which isnt the ideal condition for my chaeto and other macros. If I were to increase my flowrate, the horses may not like it ya? Read on the net, some sites give contrasting views, some say flowrate of even > 10x of tank capacity is fine... so say no.

• SRC Member

What flowrate are you putting into the seahorse tank?

My dilemma is that my refugium flowrate is quite slow which isnt the ideal condition for my chaeto and other macros. If I were to increase my flowrate, the horses may not like it ya? Read on the net, some sites give contrasting views, some say flowrate of even > 10x of tank capacity is fine... so say no.

i used to use a 900l/hr wave maker for my tank. hi flowrate will not hurt the SH, but rather it will be an envoirnmental disadv to it. SH hunts for food in a slow n steady manner. having hi flowrate,1)the food will move away from it faster and they will not swim around much. 2) bcos its tail will just curl around anything, they may have their tail tangled in the wave maker.

on the other hand, i have a SH whom just loves the waves, it will just ride the wave going round n round my tank.

i have a sump too. the output from my reactor is used to circulate the water. ^_______^

Hmmm in that case, I can introduce medium-high flowrate to the tank ... and switch them off when feeding? That will work ya?

I am trying to find a balance for my chaeto and seahorse in the same tank.

• SRC Member

Hmmm in that case, I can introduce medium-high flowrate to the tank ... and switch them off when feeding? That will work ya?

low medium flowrate will do. don think u need high flow for chaeto. i used the smallest pump to run my reactor. btw, chaeto grows very fast. don forget to make space for the SH.

1 more.. hope u all enjoyed the pictures.

1 more is not enough! More pics pls!

:) love admiring/ following your thread. Seahorse... Something I love but can only watch you do it. Kudos to you on the amount of time and dedication you put in!

http://www.fusedjaw.com/aquariumcare/dont-sump-that-seahorse-refugiums-are-not-a-happy-seahorse-home/

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

1 more is not enough! More pics pls!

:) love admiring/ following your thread. Seahorse... Something I love but can only watch you do it. Kudos to you on the amount of time and dedication you put in!

glad that you have enjoyed. ^____________^ will put more picts from time to time...