My seahorse tank

allantang

Hi Allan, just finished reading the whole thread. Admire your SH tank set up. Just like many of them, feel like starting one. Will be good can show us picture of your set up, your skimmer, sump, lighting etc. Hope not asking too much. A picture is worth thousand words. Thanks in advance!

• SRC Member

Hi Allan, just finished reading the whole thread. Admire your SH tank set up. Just like many of them, feel like starting one. Will be good can show us picture of your set up, your skimmer, sump, lighting etc. Hope not asking too much. A picture is worth thousand words. Thanks in advance!

my tank is a basic set up. in the display tank, MP10 and maxspect 110w. in the sump, picture below..

post-4231-0-37997500-1347627743_thumb.jp

post-4231-0-07337600-1347627878_thumb.jp

have fun with it. ^__^ let it curl round ur finger and finger feed it with the other hand. but do wash ur hand first. its armour is very sensitive.

thks, will try it out when they r more stable because they refused to eat the mysis now after the 1st feeding. Guess I got to give them more time....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice!! :thumbsup:

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

wow u train it? Think i need to send mine to ur sch for trainning..

Tank Theme: Mixed Reef with clams

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Lightings: T5 actinic blue x4 , T5 white x4

Skimmer: BMQQ

Artica 1/5

Dosing: NA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

HI.. is seahorse easy to keep?

is not difficult if u factor in ich. ich does not affect them. but there are other parameters you need to know. you can read it in my post or this link below

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/SeahorseFactsAndInfo.shtml

also, do remember they do not have stomach. so feeding has to be constant. do have a tank depth of about 2.5 times the length of the uncurl seahorse.

they are slow swimmers, so do wash ur hands and play with them in the water. ^___^

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

sadly, all seahorse die already.

yes alex, all living things has life span even in a consistently good water condition tank. i'm sure mine has lived and will live a good old age in captivity.

keeping sea shores has been a life lesson for me, a perfect reminder that life is short. It hit me real hard when my father has passed away recently. never has someone so close to me met death. It has been a long time I last cried.

But deep down, i know he is in heaven with Jesus. no more pain, no more machines to keep him breathing, no more "ice kacang" pills to eat, no more rainbow colors liquid to swallow. And the best thing is..... I WILL see him one day when is my turn to go. :angel:

• SRC Member

yes alex, all living things has life span even in a consistently good water condition tank. i'm sure mine has lived and will live a good old age in captivity.

keeping sea shores has been a life lesson for me, a perfect reminder that life is short. It hit me real hard when my father has passed away recently. never has someone so close to me met death. It has been a long time I last cried.

But deep down, i know he is in heaven with Jesus. no more pain, no more machines to keep him breathing, no more "ice kacang" pills to eat, no more rainbow colors liquid to swallow. And the best thing is..... I WILL see him one day when is my turn to go. :angel:

Yes, Bro Allan is right, by knowing wat you want to keep and the ability to keep is a different thing. Seeing a pet dies really hurts and is not replaceable. One day we might be a seahorse, n u just died because of someone throw u into a bowl of hotwater or some other reasons.

Bro Allan, i think u wanna say is "Treating a live with good responsibility and care" as i went throught the same thing as you did..

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Reefing is sharing. People with rotten mouth is sure a loser for life as expected. When a tomato gets rotten, you can nvr save it.. Throw it away before it infect the good ones.

Member of:

• SRC Member

Yes, Bro Allan is right, by knowing wat you want to keep and the ability to keep is a different thing. Seeing a pet dies really hurts and is not replaceable. One day we might be a seahorse, n u just died because of someone throw u into a bowl of hotwater or some other reasons.

Bro Allan, i think u wanna say is "Treating a live with good responsibility and care" as i went throught the same thing as you did..

No, bro Mini-reefer. ^_^ we will not be a "seahorse" one day or any other creatures. Rather, we will meet our creator, i.e. Jesus. He came as a Saviour on His first coming(Christmas) and His second coming in the near future, He will come as a judge.

I parallel my experience in reefing with my life. this way, i can keep reminding myself not to be proud and how fragile life is.

of all the reefing experience I had, I learned the most from the seahorses.

• SRC Member

No, bro Mini-reefer. ^_^ we will not be a "seahorse" one day or any other creatures. Rather, we will meet our creator, i.e. Jesus. He came as a Saviour on His first coming(Christmas) and His second coming in the near future, He will come as a judge.

I parallel my experience in reefing with my life. this way, i can keep reminding myself not to be proud and how fragile life is.

of all the reefing experience I had, I learned the most from the seahorses.

I will say that most highest level of reefing will be " Treating his livestocks as important as his live". I seen quite a number of reefers and i can say they already atained that level. The True Spirit of Reefing.

I think bro Allan, u are in my list.

3 feet tank with IOS

Eheim 1262

K3 wavemaker x1

Artica 1/5

Member of: