My seahorse tank

allantang

• SRC Member

finally i managed to start up a seahorse tank.. pls do share ur knownledge and how i can improve the environment for the sh.. thanks..

kinda stuck here.. how do i post my pict here????

waiting for your pics! you can use the below method..

Add Reply > Attachment ( this can be found under the text box ) > Select your file > Attached!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Finally.. i got the pict attached.. thanks if someone is working behind the scene to help fix this bug..

How many sh can u see? haha... just a little game.

May try to share what i have learned about SH here..

meantime, pls do share wif me ur comments n knowledge. thanks.

post-4231-065316100 1280448145_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

thanks.. will add a few more corals to make it more natural . Hope the sh will feel more at home..

nope.. is a hang on prizm skimmer. simple filtration system. think of doing a sump later..

and yap... they are feeding ok. they are pretty curious creatures n loves to hunt.

• SRC Member

Hi Allan, great to c ur new sh tank, have fun wif this creature. But i doubt so u need to buy live seawater for ur setup? maybe just seawater from iwarna will do, keep them in the jerry can for 2 to 3 weeks, all parasites will just gone. of course, live seawater is more safer if u have more ex. sh in ur tank. Just my opinion.

:welldone:

• SRC Member

Hi Allan, great to c ur new sh tank, have fun wif this creature. But i doubt so u need to buy live seawater for ur setup? maybe just seawater from iwarna will do, keep them in the jerry can for 2 to 3 weeks, all parasites will just gone. of course, live seawater is more safer if u have more ex. sh in ur tank. Just my opinion.

Thanks peong. i think likewise. maybe i don hv to worry too much about the minerals n ph n stuff. I'm doing a 25% water change every 2 days.. until my sump is up. by then, i do not need to change that much of sea water.

• SRC Member

Wants to know which fish n corals can n cannot stays with SH? below is a link where u can use for guide lines.. but if u wan a list that comes with picts.. just drop me ur email n i will email u. do give me something to finish the whole list with pictures...

http://www.fusedjaw.com/aquariumcare/seahorse-tankmates-whats-safe-whats-not/

• SRC Member

wonder if any of u has the similiar experience on feeding.. pls do share on how u handle the situation..

there are 4 sh in my tank of which 2 only eats copepods, 1 eats anything consumable for it n the other only frozen mysis.

anyone has any suggest on how to train the 2 that eats only copepods?

• SRC Member

:yahoo: i'm so happy today!! all 4 SH eating frozen mysis... yes! yes! yes!

Hi bro....

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

Dont think u can add SPS corals either.... the Horsie will cling onto the SPS stressing it.... and SPS cant thrive in the lowered water flow environment required by the Seahorse....

Hmm... IMO also best not to keep seahorse with fish in general... they eat way faster than the SH does....