Need to top up water

Wen

• SRC Member
Hi All,

Can pls advise use wat water to top-up my tank?? Can use normal tape water or must use water wif salt added? Water evaporated liao.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

If the water evaporated, use normal age tap water. Age = been anti-chlorine, bubbled or/and left in bucket for 1-2 days

If you do weekly/monthly water changes, use pre-mix salt water

• SRC Member
tap water with anti-cholrine.. bubble overnite if possible.

depending on tank size, a dripper may be recommended.

but how to get a dripper if your tank is already high and no place to put the dripper higher than the tank ???

SBS_Transit

but how to get a dripper if your tank is already high and no place to put the dripper higher than the tank ???

get a vertical plastic board or glass panel..

place across tank.

place dripper on it.

dun tell me your tank is place high up to ceiling.

Try not to use the anti-cholorine chemical... is not healthy to the fish... Bubble for 24hrs is ideal...

:D:rolleyes:

r u sure...?? how then u remove the metals in the water..?

bubble only remove the cholrine in the water content, but

there's still harmful metals in the tap water.

only adding anti-cholrine solution will aid in making the

water totally safe before adding into the tank.

• SRC Member

well pls ppls...

if u want to say about that..

then why not use RO water instead.. the safest of all...

just age the water will do....

SG water still not that harmful till that stage where u need to do so many things to make it less harmful...

unless ppls from UK and USA whom I know of.. they really need RO water.. else dont work as their water cant even been drink straight from the tap...

• SRC Member
well pls ppls...

if u want to say about that..

then why not use RO water instead.. the safest of all...

just age the water will do....

SG water still not that harmful till that stage where u need to do so many things to make it less harmful...

unless ppls from UK and USA whom I know of.. they really need RO water.. else dont work as their water cant even been drink straight from the tap...

agree.

anyway, R/O unit does not come cheap

Can check again with you guys, if my water salinity is 1.024 now (>1.023) and i do not have aged water available. What should i do? Which is more critical to fish health i.e should i just add tap water (with anti-chlorine) to reduce water salinity or leave it as it is for now?

4 those whom their water evaporate off ,

first check the salinity mostly will go up , so just add tap water with no mixture into the sum tank if u have 1 .

4 those if the salinity never increase than go to shops tat sell fresh sea water filtered , buy back and same pour into the sum if u have 1 .

left over \fresh sea water must put air bubble so tat is fresh sea water will not die .

DO NOT GO ADD SALT AND TAP WATER AND ADD INTO THE TANK OR SUM TANK . ADVISEABLE NOT TO DO TAT . BELIEVE OR NOT UP TO U ALL .

• SRC Member
4 those whom their water evaporate off ,

first check the salinity mostly will go up , so just add tap water with no mixture into the sum tank if u have 1 .

4 those if the salinity never increase than go to shops tat sell fresh sea water filtered , buy back and same pour into the sum if u have 1 .

left over \fresh sea water must put air bubble so tat is fresh sea water will not die .

DO NOT GO ADD SALT AND TAP WATER AND ADD INTO THE TANK OR SUM TANK . ADVISEABLE NOT TO DO TAT . BELIEVE OR NOT UP TO U ALL .

No comment on that. everyone got its own way of doing it.

To me, add anti-chlorine, let water stand in bucket or jerry can for 1-2 days with or without bubbling.

if doing water changes, add salt to age water. let salinty and PH stablize then add to sump tank

If topping up water, add age water straight to sump.

Heard someone mentioning using water straight from tap encourage phosphates and silicates thus algae problem. True or not well, i dunno -Its all up to individual :nc: