weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice nice :yeah:

Love those tangs....and that frogspawn looks expensive !! :lol:

Time for more corals in front!!! and high up!!!

Went thru one course of Malachite green treatment last night. This morning all the white spots has disappear.

Will follow thru the treatment for the next 11 days (instructions says 6 days) to ensure I get rid of the parasite.

This medication is no good for clams but heck one of my clams got murdered by bristleworm yesterday :P

Some fighting with my salifin tang (see the damanged fins) for the first 2 days but I see the fighting has stopped *phew*

post-34-1083470542.jpg

• SRC Member
This medication is no good for clams but heck one of my clams got murdered by bristleworm yesterday :P

bristle worm kill your clam? :blink: dun scare me ley....

why put medication? Your UV not functioning?

you not concern abt affecting your coral?

I'm running the UVC-7000, so far no outbreak of ich for the pass 3 weeks, with 3 tangs introduced.

food wise, alternate day with frozen mysis shrimp soak in normal garlic 'water'. (I just chop the garlic, and soak in water, with the frozen mysis shrimp.) :P

bristle worm kill your clam? :blink: dun scare me ley....

why put medication? Your UV not functioning?

you not concern abt affecting your coral?

I'm running the UVC-7000, so far no outbreak of ich for the pass 3 weeks, with 3 tangs introduced.

food wise, alternate day with frozen mysis shrimp soak in normal garlic 'water'. (I just chop the garlic, and soak in water, with the frozen mysis shrimp.) :P

They wun... its always the clam is aready very sickly and so the bristle is just there to do what mother natural request of him to do ;););) We reefers always blame the wrong culprit

day 4.

More active now. Swimming around very actively, pecking more on the LR.

Salifin tang now leaves it alone. I noticed that the tail of my salifin tang has some tear. Could be the AT fighting back!!!

Noticed all the white spot on it's body is gone. Left a few dots on the fins. Could be neon goby be doing their job already or my UV? Only time will tell.

It will tried to bite on norti but still do not eat it. I will clip a few more norti to the LR and see if it will go peck on it. Anyway have to feed my other tangs full first else they will wack all the norti and finish it before the AT has chance to even try to peck it.

It does "monkey see monkey do" unfortunately.

post-34-1083584854.jpg

• SRC Member

Weileong, thank your lucky stars that its at least pecking at your LR. I think Hon doesnt feed his tangs also rite? Only dpened on the algae on the rocks which is what the tang eat in its natural setting anyway...

The concern is that the LR might not have sufficient algae for the tangs. Because of the AT, I had been feeding lots and lots of norti to my tangs for the past few days.

I did not even soak them in garlic or mysis juice now and the tangs just eat them raw :P

Sooner or later all of them will be super fat for sure :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

• SRC Member
nvr try octozin? :lol: wat a waste of money. the whitespot still thee :angry: even tt i didnt chicken out ;)

The ich parasite in the tank will be gone... but it takes about a week or so before the physical condition and ich on the fish itself to disappear... Thats why they said change water only on the eighth day after treatment... it takes a while to fully cure the fish... but I'm chikenning out... I on skimemr yesterday.. as my frogspawn and gonio haven't been opening up well ever since... Think I'll change 30% of the water soon.

Live and Let Live

maybe you want to try malachite green. I've used it and seems to be effective on ich. But be warned that this is not safe for clams, clams are very easy to be removed right?

The malachite green is also removed and rendered ineffective when there is light so you can only dose when the lights are off. PS needs to be off too.

My SPS and LPS are not affected by the medication.

• SRC Member

wow interesting... rendered ineffective in the prescence of light?? but how do we remove it after treatment?? when I decide to move my clams back...

Live and Let Live

Salifin Tang and 6 line wrasse.

The salifin tang just started to eat nori few days ago so it's a little skinny now. Give me some time and I'll make it pui pui :P

See the torn tail? Must be the work of the AT. The salifin bully him for the first 2 days and now it is his turn to bully back. The AT seems to be the new king of the tank soon.

post-34-1083597050.jpg

This clam passed away on Sat, then the next moment I know the meat inside gone already... wonder who so fast steal it. Must be some nasty crabs. I've not touch it as I don't want to disturb the tank too much bcos of the AT I've inside now.

Still some meat left in there so I'm waiting for one crab to go in and I'll close and nab the bugger :P

maybe you want to try malachite green. I've used it and seems to be effective on ich. But be warned that this is not safe for clams, clams are very easy to be removed right?

The malachite green is also removed and rendered ineffective when there is light so you can only dose when the lights are off. PS needs to be off too.

My SPS and LPS are not affected by the medication.

Malachite Green in a reef tank???!

NNNNNNooooooOOOOOoooooooooOOO!!! It should only be used in a quarantine tank!

MG is capable of staining not only silicone but some corals!

And it shouldn't be used for tangs as they are scaleless!

AT