weileong's 4ft tank

weileong

The green algae are part of the process as your tank matures but I seriously do not believe that your tank must turn into a hair algae jungle during this process if the water parameters are kept correct. This means the use of PO4 absorbing media since day one and heavy skimming to keep the DOC levels low. Water circulation should be sufficient too so waste do not collect on the surface and LR which leads to problems later, as PO4 will stick to the LR and tank surface and when you start adding the PO4 absorbing media after the algae shows out then it is a little too late already. That is why I am upgrading to skimmer to a 4ft tall one as I increase my number of tangs.

By doing so the PO4 has no chance to collect on the LR and NO3 levels can be kept low eventually while you wait for the DSB to mature. I layed a layer of mesh at 4" dept in my DSB so no sand digging creatures can disturb the bottom layer :P (Advise from another senior reefer).

Due to this I've no connected the 2ft to this 4ft, oh yes that reminds me that my 2ft cube has been cycling for 2 months plus already. Should be ready by now.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

well i have been reading on agle info and also on this bryopsis...

it's bee report that even your no3 and po4 is 0.. and u took out sunlight it will still come back on and off one...

some ppls in USA r so mad over this bryopsis that i see some even give up the hooby...

• SRC Member

here is what i abstract form a forum in USA..

I had a bryopsis problem over a year ago. I changed my lighting, increased my water flow, increased water changes, etc... It was a very frustrating nuisance! My po4 and no3 levels never seemed out of norm, but when I upgraded my skimmer, all traces of it seemed to disappear. I know photosynthesis fuels the fire, but I believe there must be a higher nutrient level in the water for most forms of algae to flourish.

bro weileong, maybe some skimmers no need to be upgraded no matter the conditions...big tank small tank..heavy load, light load, impossible load...just one skimmer can do all... :blink:

i am sure AP will agree, RSB classic is the almighty one :D

And AP will show you that with it, no algae problems watsoever...

and the skimmer will help you not crash your tank no matter wat happens...near crash yes...but you can never crash your tank with a RSB :rolleyes:

the rest out there not using a RSB are just wasting electricty and money :rolleyes:

If the RSB was that powerful then how can the ref crash cause the main tank to almost crash? Unless it is not powerful enough to skim out those rubbish from the algae.

You don't just buy a car with 600cc capacity for daily use to your office 3km away and expect to drive non-stop all the way up to Thailand once a yr right? Probably a 2 litre car also cannot it :P

haha...

better dun doubt AP lah....AP says can means can, i am sure her frens will say can also :rolleyes::lol:

anyway, when is your barr aquatics beckett coming? shiok sia the thought of firing it up :lol:

We will know once her MH arrives and she starts to stock up on all the big big tangs.

The tentative delivery is somewhere first week of June. I've to fork out the other 66% of the $$$$, think of that heart pain but probably I get more skimmate for ###### :P

• SRC Member

so weilong what skimmer u getting..???

thanx roidan for the into to RSB... after reading it I still find my modifty skimmer work better and produce finer bubble then RSB...

infact without needle wheel my bubble is already very fine... but I will go ahead and modify a needle wheel out and see got better result...