Weipro 2011

yhanlee

Hi Sifus,

I just recently started cycling my new 2ft(30gallon) tank with a 10gallon sump 3days ago.

Already added 8.5kg of liverock inside and also market prawn. Water a bit cloudy(izzit normal?)

On my skimmer(weipro 2011) 2days ago but its still not skimming anything at the monment. Using a sobo4000 pump(2000liter/hr) to power the skimmer. Should i wait a little longer or should i try to adjust the water outlet flow to raise the buble level? Thank in advance :)

• SRC Member

"Hi Sifus, i'm not a Sifu, but i guess i'll chip in my 2cents worth

I just recently started cycling my new 2ft(30gallon) tank with a 10gallon sump 3days ago. good that u have a sump, it helps

Already added 8.5kg of liverock inside and also market prawn. Water a bit cloudy(izzit normal?) normally it wil clear up after 1 day

On my skimmer(weipro 2011) 2days ago but its still not skimming anything at the monment. Using a sobo4000 pump(2000liter/hr) to power the skimmer. shouldn't have any problem with this pump, how are the bubbles?

Should i wait a little longer or should i try to adjust the water outlet flow to raise the buble level? Thank in advance :)yes you would need to adjust the outflow valve until it skims to your liking.. be careful though, as weipro valve is quite sensitive, so minute adjustments might cause it to overflow the collection cup, so monitor carefully.."

cheers, happy reefing!

"Hi Sifus, i'm not a Sifu, but i guess i'll chip in my 2cents worth

I just recently started cycling my new 2ft(30gallon) tank with a 10gallon sump 3days ago. good that u have a sump, it helps

Already added 8.5kg of liverock inside and also market prawn. Water a bit cloudy(izzit normal?) normally it wil clear up after 1 day

On my skimmer(weipro 2011) 2days ago but its still not skimming anything at the monment. Using a sobo4000 pump(2000liter/hr) to power the skimmer. shouldn't have any problem with this pump, how are the bubbles?

Should i wait a little longer or should i try to adjust the water outlet flow to raise the buble level? Thank in advance :)yes you would need to adjust the outflow valve until it skims to your liking.. be careful though, as weipro valve is quite sensitive, so minute adjustments might cause it to overflow the collection cup, so monitor carefully.."

cheers, happy reefing!

Thanks very much for the fast reply bro(ok no sifu here)Will go back later and check out. If can will upload the picture of the bubbles also. Btw i heard this skimmer need time to break the oil layer(izzit true?) :ThanxSmiley: . Cheers

• SRC Member

hmm.. i never had experience with "breaking-in" the skimmer, usually my skimmers will just work well after a good wash.. but even if it takes time to 'break-in', i guess a few days is more than enough.. just my experience.. :)