Visit to Singapore

asak

Hi,

I will be visiting Singapore from chennai between the 12 and 14 of November. I was wondering if it will be possible to meet some reefers during my stay there. The purpose of my visit is mainly aqaurium related. I am a Hobbiyst in chennai and i have been keeping reef aqauriums for a few years.

Thanks,

Ashok

Hi Aravin, The reason I am coming to singapore is to get some aquarium stuff as you hardly get anything here and everything of any quality you get in india is probably imported form singapore with an added 25% cost. I was hoping someone could suggest places i will need to visit mainly for equipment and some livestock. I am also specifically looking to get a couple of phoenix DE 250 W 14000 K bulbs, I was hoping someone could direct me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ashok

• SRC Supporter

Hi Aravin, The reason I am coming to singapore is to get some aquarium stuff as you hardly get anything here and everything of any quality you get in india is probably imported form singapore with an added 25% cost. I was hoping someone could suggest places i will need to visit mainly for equipment and some livestock. I am also specifically looking to get a couple of phoenix DE 250 W 14000 K bulbs, I was hoping someone could direct me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ashok

Prehapes you can go check out some of our sponsor shop during your trip here, you should be able to find what you are looking for. Good luck to your hunt. :friends:

Prehapes you can also share with us here how is the reefing scene in India ? Is there alot of reefing shop which carry live stocks and equipments ect ?

• SRC Member

Thanks,

Ashok

Actually the shops selling equipment and LS in Singapore are all quote scattered and difficult to access unless you drive. I can think of a few places you can get to within the city but I guess the few good ones are

AquaMarin Aquatic Pets

298 Upper Paya Lebar Road

Singapore 534931

MarineLife Hobbyist ( Henry's place)

178 Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre

West Coast Way

Singapore 127086

Tel : 6777 4047

Fax : 6873 1178

Mobile : 9843 6032

Reef Depot

6 Sin Ming Road, #01-05

Sin Ming plaza Tower 2

Tel: (65) 6100 7333

The others are quite out of town ( understandable as they are fish farms) but if you have the time and transport

Iwarna Aquarium Pte Ltd

70 Pasir Rise Drive 12

Singapore 518234

makes a good visit as there are several LS farms around there like Ah Beng/iAquarium/Pinnicle all near that area.

Check out HMs list of local LFS for more details and direction.

cheers

@Harlequin Mania

Reef keeping in India is poorly developed, despite the fact that there are a lot of great reefs belonging to India. Laws of the land made in the 60 or 70ies make keeping corals mainly hard Illegal. Hopefully if the laws change in the long run there will be a lot of scope in India. At the moment,There are few people that keep reef aquariums here. Most of us are limited by the availability of live stock, good equipment and expertise. You also have to deal with powercuts and the heat. LFS in chennai which is the main hub that source corals from reefs in the south. Most of the people dealing with the stuff have poor knowledge of aqauriums let alone reef aqauriums.

I hope it will be possible to meet some of you and share experiences. Obviously, compared to you people I will be quite inexperienced.

Ashok