Dominik's ComeBack Tank

dominik

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hope you are prepared to feed your seafans and dendronepthea...

yeap just as terry said they're not photosynthetic and will need all their food from supplementary feedings from you. having said that you may want to read up this thread by advanced aquarist on nps

they are in the flow of food, catching frozen dapnia, brine shrimp, mysis and cyclopee to eat.

Current tank

Past tank

Hello, how do you check the sex of mandrian? by thier lenght of fin? what if a particular mandrian has a short fin than normal?

Hai, Ya, look at their front dorsal fin.. The male exhibited longer dorsal spines in front.. Cheers

Female

post-9248-0-03237500-1292953935_thumb.jp

male

post-9248-0-79473800-1292953961_thumb.jp

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

they are in the flow of food, catching frozen dapnia, brine shrimp, mysis and cyclopee to eat.

These foods are no going to work for the dendronepthyea and seafan, they are too big for them... The blueberry seafan still might be able to sustain on cyclopeeze.. But the dendro will not.. It will require finer food such as FaunaMarin food or Reef Pearls and also the frequency of the feeding plays a big part..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Hello, how do you check the sex of mandrian? by thier lenght of fin? what if a particular mandrian has a short fin than normal?

this is my male mandrain. did not manage to get a good shot on the female.

a1-28.jpg

Current tank

Past tank

• SRC Member

These foods are no going to work for the dendronepthyea and seafan, they are too big for them... The blueberry seafan still might be able to sustain on cyclopeeze.. But the dendro will not.. It will require finer food such as FaunaMarin food or Reef Pearls and also the frequency of the feeding plays a big part..

Thanks for the reminder. Been feeding the 5 in 1 coral food and snowflake daily. Also with the ATS system, it should helps too.

Current tank

Past tank

• SRC Member

Thanks for the reminder. Been feeding the 5 in 1 coral food and snowflake daily. Also with the ATS system, it should helps too.

it may help sustain awhile but for now i'm not too sure.

just a note if you're feeding that heavily daily without a skimmer you need to keep an eye on your water quality

• SRC Member

it may help sustain awhile but for now i'm not too sure.

just a note if you're feeding that heavily daily without a skimmer you need to keep an eye on your water quality

thanks. noted.

Current tank

Past tank

ATS? Algae scrubber???

I am not sure what is the content in the 5 in 1 coral food and snowflake.. Not saying that they are no good but it is not proven that they are able to sustain these NPS.. The main diet of Dendronepthea is still micro organisms, although some will say what ever that you can see floating in the water column is too big for the dendro... LOL... Hope it will do well with your food and do read up on the foods that I recommend at least you know what to get if you sense something wrong with the dendro...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

ATS? Algae scrubber???

I am not sure what is the content in the 5 in 1 coral food and snowflake.. Not saying that they are no good but it is not proven that they are able to sustain these NPS.. The main diet of Dendronepthea is still micro organisms, although some will say what ever that you can see floating in the water column is too big for the dendro... LOL... Hope it will do well with your food and do read up on the foods that I recommend at least you know what to get if you sense something wrong with the dendro...

ATS = Algae Tuft Scrubber.

Noted your concern, will monitor closely. Thanks.

Current tank

Past tank

ATS? Algae scrubber???

ATS = Algae turf scrubber :)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/acronyms_abbreviations.html

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

closeup on blenny. having love hate relationship with this blenny as he is causing some problem on my monti.

is that the 'monti' it is perching on? from the picture doesn't really seem like a monti to me. more of something like a Leptoseris :unsure:

• SRC Member

is that the 'monti' it is perching on? from the picture doesn't really seem like a monti to me. more of something like a Leptoseris :unsure:

is that so? thanks for correcting me.

Current tank

Past tank