My Son's Nano

ming69

• SRC Member

Restart of my son's nano tank, upgraded from Dymax IQ. Will be using a Boyu 8g with chiller Hailea 1/20. Chiller pump Eheim compact 1000. Thinking of also using Hydro Flo deflector for circulation.

Don't think I'll be using a skimmer for this tank. But I do have a spare MCE 300 lying around, if needed.

Done the scape with dried rocks. Will fill up the tank with water from my 4 footer and bio homes in the filter chambers.

Front view. The rubberbands n eggcrate will be removed later, they are just used to prevent the whole thing from falling apart during transport. :)

post-5641-0-03984300-1294321410_thumb.jp

View from the right

post-5641-0-22704700-1294321546_thumb.jp

View from the left

post-5641-0-53358700-1294321684_thumb.jp

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

We'll move his clownfish over when the tank is ready. And I'm planning to move some softies over too. Here's what I bought recently ;)

They're now in my tank at the moment. keke

wow wow! nice buys!

his clownfish? lol. issit Elvis and Priscillia? hehe :D

• Like 1

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

OMG sister! Is that the new house?! LOL! :D

Super nice leh! hahahaha and looking forward to your son's nano!

Can always start with some frags? hahaha (:

Yes, we have moved the tank n chiller etc over but will not be moving in until after CNY.

Hehehe, the top flat rock is intended for zoa frags.

Will be using the PL light for the time being until I have time to diy some leds for it. Then maybe can try out some sps frags. Think by the time I get around to do the leds, the tank should be mature enough to keep sps :lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Yes, we have moved the tank n chiller etc over but will not be moving in until after CNY.

Hehehe, the top flat rock is intended for zoa frags.

Will be using the PL light for the time being until I have time to diy some leds for it. Then maybe can try out some sps frags. Think by the time I get around to do the leds, the tank should be mature enough to keep sps :lol:

wah! then now in ming teck no more tank? :X lol.

hahahaha i agree. working and taking care of 4 kids aint an easy task man! slowly lah. but do keep me in the loop ok! i got 3-4 frags to pass back to you! hehe (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

wow wow! nice buys!

his clownfish? lol. issit Elvis and Priscillia? hehe :D

Unfortunately, Elvis and Priscullia didn't make it. This one was given to him by our neighbour. He bought it from ML but decided not to put it in his tank. Think he said it was called a strawbery clown but think it looks kinda like a maroon clown, just the colour is a bit lighter.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

wah! then now in ming teck no more tank? :X lol.

hahahaha i agree. working and taking care of 4 kids aint an easy task man! slowly lah. but do keep me in the loop ok! i got 3-4 frags to pass back to you! hehe (:

Main tank still around. New tank not ready. We just move the boyu over. If got time, will try to run fresh water to test for leaks next week.

Itching to get it running but the place I intend to put the tank will be in the way of the chiller trunking for the new tank. So can't really do much at the moment except test runs.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Unfortunately, Elvis and Priscullia didn't make it. This one was given to him by our neighbour. He bought it from ML but decided not to put it in his tank. Think he said it was called a strawbery clown but think it looks kinda like a maroon clown, just the colour is a bit lighter.

wah! what happened to elvis and priscillia?! they were some awesome lovely clowns :(

oh yeah, you told me about that. hahaha, good to see your son's pet still around! hehe (:

Main tank still around. New tank not ready. We just move the boyu over. If got time, will try to run fresh water to test for leaks next week.

Itching to get it running but the place I intend to put the tank will be in the way of the chiller trunking for the new tank. So can't really do much at the moment except test runs.

ic, well you can remove the hood for now and put a fan there? hahaha

Anyway new house best is to put fish tank with fish inside or boil a kettle before entering. Good for feng shui! I bet your dad loves it! :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

wah! what happened to elvis and priscillia?! they were some awesome lovely clowns :(

oh yeah, you told me about that. hahaha, good to see your son's pet still around! hehe (:

ic, well you can remove the hood for now and put a fan there? hahaha

Anyway new house best is to put fish tank with fish inside or boil a kettle before entering. Good for feng shui! I bet your dad loves it! :)

This clown is commando trained liao. Don't think it'll die unless it jumped.

My sis is staying there now, and we have already boiled water liao. :lol:

If I fill the tank up, it'll make it difficult to move when the compressor is being installed leh. So gotta wait till the compressor comes in then this tank can be up n running. Unless I put it in the study or tv rm.....

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Although this is suppose to be my son's tank, I'm thinking whether to use it as a quarantine tank for new fishes. Suppose the softies can stay, but Ms Berry, the clownfish, might just be a tad too aggressive to keep in here. Don't think she'll be nice n welcoming to new fishes.

Wonder if I should introduce her to Mr FU (the only surviving prec in my main tank) and his various anemones....

Or remove Mr FU from main tank n let him move in with Ms Berry...

Then use sump tank as quarantine.....

:lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

thats obviously an excuse. more like a frag tank for your main tank instead.

lol

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

thats obviously an excuse. more like a frag tank for your main tank instead.

lol

:lol: :lol: definately an excuse, hahaha!!

Somehow, I find that frags do better in main tank rather than in frag tank. The water is in better condition n lighting is better too in the main system.

When I do change water for the nano tank, it's usually from water in the main tank, and I discard the water from the nano.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Wonder where you get all the names for your fishes.... idea31.gifidea31.gif

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

meet Ms Berry :)

So lonely

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

is ms berry going to have afternoon tea with mrs gertrude and ms alexandra?

wearing lovely frocks, donning sun hats and sipping tea from fine china.

"oh i must say ms gertrude, this china is absolutely marvelous!"

haha. i love giving names to fishes.

• SRC Member

is ms berry going to have afternoon tea with mrs gertrude and ms alexandra?

wearing lovely frocks, donning sun hats and sipping tea from fine china.

"oh i must say ms gertrude, this china is absolutely marvelous!"

haha. i love giving names to fishes.

:lol: More likely she'll have a date with Mr FU.

"Oh my, Mr FU, aren't u dashing today!"

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg