Add in achiller tang and powder blue tang wif other tang.

Hi, currently my tank is having 1pc yellow tang 3inch ,1 pc brown/yellow fin tang 3inch, 1 pc purple tang 2inch,1pc blue tang 3 1/2 inch. Thinking of putting one more Achiller Tang and powder blue tang in it together is it ok wif it. It a 4Ft tank and now having total of 18 fish in it.

• SRC Member

Achiller Tang and powder blue tang are not the most easy tangs to keep alive, IMO, both AT and PBT should be one of the first fish inside the tank ask otherwise they get stress and white spots easily. AT need lots of swimming space as well as high water current flow whereas PBT are known to be itch magnet.

true true, sorry to forget talking about the health part of the tang. If you keep an sps tank successfully, most chances you can keep the AT. Everything comes with a risk, if you still want to get it, do the proper acclimation or even quarrantine them. It will help so they dont stress out like what mopiko said. Good luck :cheers:

Topic moved to FOWLR.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Please note that the powder series tang (Acanthurus sp.) are susceptible to ick as they produces less body slime compared to other fishes, therefore they are considered intermediate to advance fishes. Do proper research before adding them to your tank.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Please dun mix the acanth tang together

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

these are the criteria for AT.

big tank. bigger the better. this fish needs tons of swimming space. anything below 4ft IN MY OPINION is not enough.

high oxygen saturation.

high wave movement. we're talking about waves that replicate the turbulent surge zones in the oceans.

low fish load. too crowded tank? Oxygen saturation low, swimming space low, nutrients high, disease outbreak high, you can kiss your AT good bye.

if none of the above requirements are fulfilled, your AT will not do well.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

PBT is truly ick susceptible, mine was eating well and stable Give it a few eeeks, if you stock alot, make sure to acclimate each fish, the stress sensitivity is very high.on pbt even when it is stable. Lost 2 PBTs already on 2 separate occasions, both through ich.

• SRC Member

coming a month, my AT got ick on and off, 70% on lol

thank god its still swimming and eating well

hope it will stable down soon

same lol mine is with me about 1/2 month on off too. 1 day looks good next day look darn bad. Eating till darn fat thou and loves his wave and cleaner shrimp.

love watching him swimming against the mp10 for a workout.

So far my tank has a small blue tang and small yellow tang. no problems spotted between the 3 tangs

time flies, my AT going to be 3 years old soon

sep 11 to mar 12, totally ich free

ich came back again after i added an 8line flasher

mar 12 to may 13, on and off

may 13 minor outbreak due to introducing of my bandit angel

aug 13 to sep 13 no ich

will monitor another month before declaring totally ich free :D