will Sh breed in water height of 1 ft

chinmo

• SRC Member

Helo, my pair of Reidi is doing the ritual dance, the problem is...... my water level from surface to sandbed is 1 ft, Will they be able to con't to breed in tat kind of water level? :huh:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

Usually the height should be at least double their 'stretched' length.

And try to remove the male one into the nursery awaiting delivery when pregnancy is confirmed... :)

Delivery happens when you see a thin white discharge then followed by a black one after a day or two. When the black thread appears, it will be any moment between an hour to a day.

Also watch out for premature delivery...keep the father there longer if it happens.

• SRC Member

Hi flubberina13, my SH is 6 inch when strech, so the height so be double of their lenght, but c the 2 still noting leh, the male pouch still look normal size. maybe gt to upgrade to a 36 inch tall tank! :yeah:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

It's okie, no nid paiseh :lol: the ritual stop liao, but i gt another pair yesterdae, nw they start dancing again! :yeah: hopefully the first pair suceeded liao! :yeah: the male's pouch look bloated compare to the other male i have. :D

• SRC Member

oh, the nusery set up long time ago, i'm running the 2 footer nursery wif 5 inch dsb, grapes, liverocks, the "fishbowl" in the 2 footer will have clean water running through it pods can ###### to and fro through the fine mesh hole. tomolo's my one and only baby barb's 5 weeks old birthdae! :lol: