Tentative plans for 5ft

Tanggy

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my 4ft is still stocking up 30% filled with corals only and won't be adding any new LS until the algae phase is over, probably in 6 months to one yrs time. Very long time to endure :P

IMO, you should be adding some herbivores like a tang, snails or hermits to help keep the algae in check. Or they may overgrowth the tank without some form of predatory control.

• SRC Member

Thanks all bro for their valuable comments and kind words. Would appreciate any comments or suggestion to make things the tank better. Please point out any mistake which I might have made. That's the reason why I post the process from planning to execution so bros can exchange ideals and avoid mistake that can be avoided. Thanks :bow:

Nice set-up 

Waiting to view your tank in person 

Give me a pm when you wanna drop by lor. always eager to meet bros from SRC.. ke ke :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

He he.... I definitely need more corals!! will be heading down to sealife afterwork. Appears they have a shipment today. So will go have a look see.... :P

Also need more rocks. The right needs more. hoping to form a rock wall so almost reaching the waterline. :peace:

• SRC Member

For those who are interested in getting the check valve, below is the address. Paiseh I got the name wrong. it's hai cheong not tan cheong. :paiseh: got mix up with tan cheong motors!! ke ke :lol:

Hai Cheong Plastics.

Address is : 53 Ubi Ave 1, #01-27,

Paya Ubi Industrial Park,

Tel: 68412912.

• SRC Member

Hi bros. Update on the Fish in my tank. Currently:

Cardinal x 5

Maroon Clown x 2

Yellow Tang x 1

Powder Blue Tang x 1

Powder Brown Tank x 1

Cleaner Shrimp x 2

Crocea x 2

Maxima x 1

Derusa x 1

Open Brain x 1

Hammer x 3

Torch x 2

Coco worm x 1

Pearl Bubble x 1

Octo Branch x 1

Jewel x 1

Fox Coral x 1

Finger Leather x 1

Need more but need more time and bullet!! ke ke.... :P

• SRC Member
u only got 3 of them.. look out and be careful once they grow to adulthood.. they will pair up and the lonly one will be kill/bully by the pair...

Hmm.... was thinking of getting a soha tang and a regal. But concern that they will be attack by the existing ones. <_<

• SRC Member
Nice powder brown...

Thanks. Was worried at the beginning cos the powder blue was attacking the brown. Was worried that the stress could cause the brown to get itch. but now ok liaoz. they kinda accepted each other's presence. whew..... and there no sign of itch..... been 5days liaoz. will kepp my fingers crossed. :P