Yet another trophy to SRC

• SRC Member

Cool.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

Haha. My first time seeing this fish lah.

it's very shy and cryptic.

even at LFS it can be difficult to spot. they will keep to a corner and remain inconspicuous.

you can find the black one. it's very rare.

and the even rarer one with the barbs on the face like catfish.

but they are mostly nocturnal from my limited experience with these fishes. put into my tank and never ever see again only at night, they will be under a rock. but that's it.

eventually it just hide until cant see.

• Senior Reefer

yes ketchup. i saw.

it's a famous documentary called "pacific abyss" and richard pyle, briane greene and some other fish experts were in it.

they caught many rare and some new species.

the big blue chromis was Chromis abyssus. the abyss chromis. named after the show.

they also caught a new species of dwarf angel, the Centropyge abei. Abei's angelfish.

also some new damsel species and a hawkfish but they did not tell the name.

there were also shots of colini dwarf angel (Centropyge colini) in the wild. a v difficult fish but v beautiful.

they also caught a pair of bellus angels, a V V V V V rare Bodianus neopercularis hogfish, an extremely rare Belonoperca pylei, an earlei wrasse, rhomboid wrasse and many other super rare and interesting fish.

• Senior Reefer

ya man... i wish the abyssus damsel is in the trade now... Such a nice fish... desi rush out from the kitchen! LOL

but it's very big! and probably very difficult to keep since it lives so deep.

as in it is probably prone to decompression issues.

and it's locaton... palau! omg.

so even if it does end up in the trade, it's gonna cost a few K! maybe even 5 digit

Congrats bro!

So bro, is the fish currently in your tank? Please PM me more info so that I can update our members in MASS and ArowanaFish. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Senior Reefer

Pleasantly surprised to see an article by Lemon on GB yesterday night :)

sorry it takes very long for my articles to be published.

eric is a busy man and he needs to pre-read them and water mark the photos first. there's many articles still in pending and queue

the next one will be on a very rare anthias. Rabaulichthys sp

sorry it takes very long for my articles to be published.

eric is a busy man and he needs to pre-read them and water mark the photos first. there's many articles still in pending and queue

the next one will be on a very rare anthias. Rabaulichthys sp

It does seem like GB puts quality over quantity far more often than some other sites do. Which makes your article an even bigger deal tbh ;)

• Senior Reefer

It does seem like GB puts quality over quantity far more often than some other sites do. Which makes your article an even bigger deal tbh ;)

GBD clock many less articles per week that's true. Singapore's abit dry on news so I have help from my friends in Thailand and japan, should anything interesting pop up