Helppp tank crash

fishiee

• SRC Member

...i know the rio nano may not be the best out of all, but it does combine a filter and a skimmer in 1 package (less heat) and it takes the skimmer OUT of the tank. Real estate is so expensive.

It reminds me of my office's HOB skilter. (pics below)Only a bit of mod needed.

It dosen't skim fantastic, but then again, it's dosen't cost a lot.

2928880200_71171da12c_z.jpg?zz=1

2937610840_d6ba8b5c77_z.jpg?zz=1

2037366878_f142b3e15f_z.jpg?zz=1

2037366888_03f0a15699_z.jpg?zz=1

Ok. New problem. My leather coral - the middle is going fine, moderate polyp extension, polyps all normal colour. but the sides are rotting away and fouling up my 1 ft cube. 1 part has turned white while the rest are just rotting. 1 rotting portion started to break away from the coral, so i cut it off with a penknife. question is, so I

1: leave it be, the sides will rot and break away, leaving a healthy albiet smaller leather coral

2: cut the sides way and hope the rotting stops there

3: throw the coral away. no hope at all.

cos i have no skimmer as of yet and that thing is really fouling the water up and hindering the recovery of the other survivors.

the rest of the coral are doing fine. brain completely recovered, zoa opening up a little, but slightly bleached, mushrooms full colour but not opening up due to the strong water flow.

If the coral condition is deteriorating, how can you say the middle portion is fine? Are you seeing what you are looking at? Do a proper set up or just forget about it. You got to pay to play.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Dunno. The side was rotting but the middle seemed OK then. Anyway, the thing is shrinking in size and not doing well now. I will give it 1 more day and will most likely decide to throw it away tomorrow. Its polluting the tank. I will be able to concentrate on building a new tank with that out of the way.

How's the reef octo BH 1000? Any reviews/comments on it? Thinking of my 2ftx1ftx1.5ft with that.