2ft T5 for 2.5ft tank

Hi, will 2ft 4 x T5 tube(24w each) be sufficient for a 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 tank?

Planning to keep LPS, wish to save on electricity, and i think 3ft will generate more heat too.

But do not want to have any dull spot in my tank.

No money for LED, any bros using a 2.5ft tank and not using LED, any comments?

• SRC Member

I think pink is mostly for aquatic plants.

Purple I've seen for marine use. Go to YouTube to look at clip "Rickets Reef - 90 Gallon Build (Day 38) New Lights and Life".

He uses 2x Fiji purple in his 8xT5 fixture.

I found some information on ATI website, but they are in germans, so i translate it using google chrome, it turn into broken English but still understandable:

ATI - Aqua Blue Special - based tube

The Aqua Blue Special is one of the established base of modern marine aquarium tubes dar. Due to their high blue component, it has a high proportion of photosynthetically usable radiation on corals (zooxanthellae).

Thus it is the cornerstone of our tube concept. We recommend mixing in a ratio of 1:1 to 1:2 to our Blue Plus and the additional tubes.

ATI Blue Plus - based tube

The Blue Plus delivers an intense blue light (maximum at 450 nm) at maximum output PAR. The fluorescent pigments in the coral stand out even more clearly, and the overall visual appearance is greatly improved. Depending on the coral patches, we recommend an admixture in a ratio of 1:1 to 1:2.

ATI Actinic - supplementary tube

The Actinic produces a violet-blue light (maximum at 421 nm), which appears less bright, but even more the fluorescent pigments in corals stressed.

ATI Purple Plus - supplementary tube

The Purple Plus has, besides an intense blue light, as he also is found in the Blue Plus, additionally a proportion of red radiation. This is both fluorescent and non fluorescent pigments emphasized. For this reason, exercise the Purple Plus from a very high color-enhancing effect on corals and fish. We recommend the incorporation into our base tubes (Blue Plus, Aqua Blue Special) in a ratio of 1:3 to 1:4.

They included some "recipes" for 6-10 tubes combinations here

but i am only using 4 tubes... so do u guys think i should use

2 whites

1 blue +

1 purples

or

2 whites

2 blues?

• SRC Member

bro i also using 4 tubes 24w T5 for my 2ft tank. Using ATI tubes. 2 aquablue spezial, 1 blue plus, 1 actinic. so far tank is bright and corals all healthy.

btw i using 2 tubes 24W ATI for my 1.5ft tank. 1 blue plus, 1 actinic. light is very blue, corals florescence very pronounced.

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government. - Woody Allen