Aitapsia swallowing my fish!

digibee

• SRC Member

Aips have superior survival instincts. I kept 2 copperbands and was happy that the aips were all gone after 2 months. Gave away the butterflies and to my suprise, the Aips appeared again. Many of them were actually hiding in the holes and cracks of the rocks. So dont be too happy about it.

Tried bergie nudis ( I imported them direct ), effective while they are alive, but the wrasse love them too.

Joe juice, really no difference from my juice! At least mine is free. To be effective, you need to siphon off all the remains of the Aips after the applying the juice. If not , you will get babies Aips everywhere.

So i have given up the fight. Maybe i will inject dye into them and sell them off as a new found rock anemonie.

cheers

this is so funny!....muahahahahaha!!!

squeeze some for me and put some ice please...tdy's weather very hot

how about using satay stick to kill it?

l7304smr.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But yellowtang said wrasse love berghia ... :shock:

Yes. Hermit crabs love bergia too. You have to understand that berghia are very small, maybe 7mm as adult size and they operate at night. Hermit crabs are active at night too. They are very slow moving and thats where the wrasse will come in as well. Not all wrasse rest early. I even have 1 berghia swallowed alive by a big aips when it was blown by the wave maker into it.

This is my personal experience only. others might be different. If I were to try again, I will probably, if $ permits, get 30 berghia nudis into my 4 footer. The last time, i bought 12.

And its very interesting on how berghia attacks the aips. They willl attack from the aips base and it s a clean wipeout.

cheers

• SRC Member

Yes. Hermit crabs love bergia too. You have to understand that berghia are very small, maybe 7mm as adult size and they operate at night. Hermit crabs are active at night too. They are very slow moving and thats where the wrasse will come in as well. Not all wrasse rest early. I even have 1 berghia swallowed alive by a big aips when it was blown by the wave maker into it.

This is my personal experience only. others might be different. If I were to try again, I will probably, if $ permits, get 30 berghia nudis into my 4 footer. The last time, i bought 12.

And its very interesting on how berghia attacks the aips. They willl attack from the aips base and it s a clean wipeout.

cheers

Is berghia expensive?

Think I just go with the butterfly for the time being ... unless my patience run out ..ha!

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

Is berghia expensive?

Think I just go with the butterfly for the time being ... unless my patience run out ..ha!

Expensive with a capital E. Always keep the butterfly in your tank if it is effective. Dont make the same mistake as me by taking away the butterfly away when it seems that the Aips are gone. They just gone into hiding. With butterflies around, they wouldnt dare to venture out. Everything is in check and control. Thats how nature works...

Good Chhers,

mike

• SRC Member

LOL I am so keeping my butterfly after hearing what Uncle Yellowtang has to say!

good luck luke with your monster anemones.

I wanted to get the berghia but I did read that they may end up being expensive Wrasse food so I decided to take the risk with a coral nipping butterfly ( aiyai yai it's my little butterfly! )

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Yap; will be trying out and keeping my butterfly fish;

Anyway, they are very active and nice fish!

Currently they are being disturbed by my fisheri angel, who keep picking fights with them.

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

cheers

Next month will get for you. Berghia adults are no way 7mm. My breeding colony are all 1 inch monsters. They still seem to be getting bigger.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Butter doesnt fly.. why its called butterfly. For Ah Siang to crack his brain.:off:

cheers

:off:

in the olden days, the sailors saw these fishes in the sea and they look like butters swimming..so these sailors decide to call them butterfly fish....u have to understand those were the days where there were no goggles...so when the sailors were looking at these fishes with their bare eyes, they look like butter...if u dun believe me...try that at home...submerge yr head inside your tank and open yr eyes...n look at yr butterfly fishes

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter

:off:

in the olden days, the sailors saw these fishes in the sea and they look like butters swimming..so these sailors decide to call them butterfly fish....u have to understand those were the days where there were no goggles...so when the sailors were looking at these fishes with their bare eyes, they look like butter...if u dun believe me...try that at home...submerge yr head inside your tank and open yr eyes...n look at yr butterfly fishes

Ah Siang, u never failed to entertain us!!!! :)

Next month will get for you. Berghia adults are no way 7mm. My breeding colony are all 1 inch monsters. They still seem to be getting bigger.

1" ? i dont believe it. Have to see to believe. If they are in your house, i will probably go over on weekends.

cheers