Solely on Brineshrimp and Mysis Shrimp Diet?

RockyGoldy

Hi brudders,

I am just wondering if it is ok that my regal tang, majestic angel and emperor angel eats brine shrimps and mysis shrimps as their staple diet only?

I know that their diet consist of greens also, but the lfs that I go to does not carry those frozen spinach anymore and I am not sure where to get them now.

Another alternative is to attached lettuce in the tank for feed?

But I just want to know if just based on giving them brine and mysis shrimps..enuff for their dietary requirement?

:blink:

I think a variety of diet will do your fishes good. you can try to feed them nori. its easily obtainable from supermarkets like ntuc or local provision shops.

Thanks for the info.

How do you suggest that i feed nori? just soak them in the water for a while..shred them into small pieces and feed altogether with the mysis/brine shrimps?

Terrestrial vegetables pale in comparison with marine algae especially seaweed (nori) in terms of nutrition.

You need to blanch the spinach, cabbage or whatever veg to break down the tough cellulose cells or the fishes will not be able to disgest anything.

I strongly recommend reefers to feed their tangs nori. It's good stuff. Even my firefish & anthias will eat them. ;)

Angels need some sponge in their diet. ;)

Drop by reb*rn..although their fishes might not be in the best of conditions...but when faced with food choices for your fish you will be spoilt for choice! :D

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/