Help me pls!

I hav a 3 ft fowlr n I m new 2 this hobby, n I bought some tubeworms for my tank n they r dying, is there any special need or care to keep them, wat to feed or do ,any advice.:)

How long have you cycle your tank? What are your water parameter? If your tank is mature and everything else is ok, then feed them with phytoplankton.

Happy Reefing!

How long have you cycle your tank? What are your water parameter? If your tank is mature and everything else is ok, then feed them with phytoplankton.

Happy Reefing!

what do u mean by water parameter?cos my let the water cycle for two day,than i add a pair of clown fish,which survial for a week,than again i added a few fish which included a yellow angle,a spotted mandarin,a brown surgeon fish, a three strip damsel,two turbo snail(1 is dead),two tube wormall was fine except after a few day one of the tude worm lost all the hair,i thought it would grow back,but afew day later the worm came out of the tube n fall of the base of the tank, so i presume it is death n i clear it,now after less than a week my another tubeworm is starting to loss is hair,is my fish hurting it?

Did you aclimatize them to your tank using drip method? Inverts are more sensitive to salinity and Ph compared to fishes. You cannot just dump them into your tank.

what's the dip method?can b more specfic,more detail would b nice,cos totally new.:)

• SRC Member

what's the dip method?can b more specfic,more detail would b nice,cos totally new.:)

hi bro, if you want specific answer, you can google it even though you are new to this hobby, just type "drip method" in google and you can refer to one of the many links below.

Link for Drip method

we are here to help you however if you dont under water parameters (temp / salinity/ nitrate / ammonia e.t.c) it's very hard for us to advise.

maybe you can post a pic here which would be much much easier for others bros/sis to help you further.

Do read up more (from google or in this forum), after reading if you have any questions we would try our best to answer in lay man terms.

Happy reefing! :friends:

what do u mean by water parameter?cos my let the water cycle for two day,than i add a pair of clown fish,which survial for a week,than again i added a few fish which included a yellow angle,a spotted mandarin,a brown surgeon fish, a three strip damsel,two turbo snail(1 is dead),two tube wormall was fine except after a few day one of the tude worm lost all the hair,i thought it would grow back,but afew day later the worm came out of the tube n fall of the base of the tank, so i presume it is death n i clear it,now after less than a week my another tubeworm is starting to loss is hair,is my fish hurting it?

2 days of cycling is ridiculous... You are just subjecting the livestock to ammonia and nitrite poisoning...

Can I know where you got your info from about setting up a Marine tank?

Anyway, Tubeworm might seems like a very easy coral as it is cheap and very abundance but actually they require feeding of plankton to survive as they are filter feeder and not photosynthetic as they are not corals...

Now stop stocking to let your tank get used to the bioload as the bacteria population will not be able to handle the bioload and cause your tank to crash...

Hope you will read more and research more before venturing further, Please reef responsibly.

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Don't be discouraged or offended. Our advise will help you save money and help your livestock have a better chance of survival.

Your fishes are NOT hurting the worms, YOU ARE! In fact, you are subjecting your fishes to torture when you put them in your tank that had not been cycled. FYI, Cycling a tank requires at least 4 weeks. 2 days on the procees had barely started!

Livestock should be added slowly in one or 2 specimens with at least 2 weeks in between.

Please read up on this hobby BEFORE you start buying.

You will find a lot of useful information on the "New to the Marine Aquaria Hobby" and "Setup of a marine tank" sections in our forum. Get yourself armed with the proper knowledge starting from the needed equipments, tank setup and cycling, water parameter testing, to livestock selection, compatibility and husbandry and many more.

Lastly, Shops do not always give the best advise but most of the time, they do. They are in the business selling you more and more things so livestock survival may not be at the top of their agenda. Neither do this forum claim to provide the absolute truth, only the best-practices gained from collective years of experience in this hobby.

Livestocks are living things, please value their life.

• Like 2

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Don't be discouraged or offended. Our advise will help you save money and help your livestock have a better chance of survival.

Your fishes are NOT hurting the worms, YOU ARE! In fact, you are subjecting your fishes to torture when you put them in your tank that had not been cycled. FYI, Cycling a tank requires at least 4 weeks. 2 days on the procees had barely started!

Livestock should be added slowly in one or 2 specimens with at least 2 weeks in between.

Please read up on this hobby BEFORE you start buying.

You will find a lot of useful information on the "New to the Marine Aquaria Hobby" and "Setup of a marine tank" sections in our forum. Get yourself armed with the proper knowledge starting from the needed equipments, tank setup and cycling, water parameter testing, to livestock selection, compatibility and husbandry and many more.

Lastly, Shops do not always give the best advise but most of the time, they do. They are in the business selling you more and more things so livestock survival may not be at the top of their agenda. Neither do this forum claim to provide the absolute truth, only the best-practices gained from collective years of experience in this hobby.

Livestocks are living things, please value their life.

• SRC Member

you actually already stated here why this happened :pinch: ... pls don't attempt to add any additional stocks, or replace those who died. the LS you've added in just a week is equivalent to LS added by other reefers here only after a few months. first things first, pls pls check what are your water parameters (i hope you do have test kits) ... although we may know what to expect. from there, reefers here can guide you what to do next. cheers !

25 Gal Micro Ocean

you actually already stated here why this happened :pinch: ... pls don't attempt to add any additional stocks, or replace those who died. the LS you've added in just a week is equivalent to LS added by other reefers here only after a few months. first things first, pls pls check what are your water parameters (i hope you do have test kits) ... although we may know what to expect. from there, reefers here can guide you what to do next. cheers !

So do you happen to know some brand of testkit necessary 4 a beginner,which is gd, easy to use n inexpensive to introduce or recommend for?

So do you happen to know some brand of testkit necessary 4 a beginner,which is gd, easy to use n inexpensive to introduce or recommend for?

Hi,

Welcome to the family,

If you can go to Iwarna, there are some test kits for sale, check with the auntie, i saw the SERA test kits were selling for some good discounted price. Not sure though.

• SRC Member

Test kits are used to determine the condition of the aquarium water or water parameters. Our water needs to be kept at optimal condition for fishes and other inhabitants to survive and thrive. The objective is to mimic natural condtions as close as possible.

Salifert test kits are reputed to be accurate. But any known brand that is designed for marine aquarium should be better than nothing. Other brands are API, Elos, Sera, Tetra, Seachem, etc...

Basic test kits you need will be: Ammonia, Nitrate, Phosphate, PH, Alkalinity. There are many others but these will get you started.

Another item to check is Specific Gravity. Measured using a Hydrometer.

Water parameter guideline is found here. Look for the Marine Section - http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=16+2154&aid=3355

There is a search box on the upper right hand corner of this forum. Try searching for the information you need if you can't find them.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Test kits are used to determine the condition of the aquarium water or water parameters. Our water needs to be kept at optimal condition for fishes and other inhabitants to survive and thrive. The objective is to mimic natural condtions as close as possible.

Salifert test kits are reputed to be accurate. But any known brand that is designed for marine aquarium should be better than nothing. Other brands are API, Elos, Sera, Tetra, Seachem, etc...

Basic test kits you need will be: Ammonia, Nitrate, Phosphate, PH, Alkalinity. There are many others but these will get you started.

Another item to check is Specific Gravity. Measured using a Hydrometer.

Water parameter guideline is found here. Look for the Marine Section - http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=16+2154&aid=3355

There is a search box on the upper right hand corner of this forum. Try searching for the information you need if you can't find them.

thank for all the info,really help.:)

Test kits are a must for you to monitor the water parameter. do get all the necessary kits like CA,PO4,NO2,NO3,KH,NH3,MG,etc and do a water parameter test at least once a week ..only when these basic are met then add in the LS. my 2cents :heh:

Test kits are a must for you to monitor the water parameter. do get all the necessary kits like CA,PO4,NO2,NO3,KH,NH3,MG,etc and do a water parameter test at least once a week ..only when these basic are met then add in the LS. my 2cents :heh:

Thank 4 info.:)