Evansi Anthias

• Senior Reefer

Evansi anthias are very difficult.

Like the purple queen anthias. They need tons of feeding many times a day that most people cannot sustain. and even then many times they still just die.

Evansi anthias can be found from Indian ocean shipments like Sri Lanka and Maldive shipments.

Always hear abt bartlett, dispar, sunburst etc but not evansi. Any bros keeping and are they demanding fishes?

My good friend bought them 2X in the past. Allways a group of 6-8...and allways end up dead in less then 6months. He fed them on a daily basis 2-3-4x per day, mostly frozen, some dry food. Tank was at the time in the best shape ever, and they didn't survive. So I would agree with LemonLemon here again. Treat them like M.tuka(purple queen anthias) and they will probably survive. And I think everybody knows how M.tuka are hard to keep alive.

My good friend bought them 2X in the past. Allways a group of 6-8...and allways end up dead in less then 6months. He fed them on a daily basis 2-3-4x per day, mostly frozen, some dry food. Tank was at the time in the best shape ever, and they didn't survive. So I would agree with LemonLemon here again. Treat them like M.tuka(purple queen anthias) and they will probably survive. And I think everybody knows how M.tuka are hard to keep alive.

Purple queen anthias are around $4 but I am surprise to see it selling at us$40 in the us online store. Are they different? And it is stated as moderate care but it seem mine is also dying cos they dont eat much. Are they really easy to keep?

JoeJoe, purple queen anthias is IMHO a BIG no no in reef aquaristic...

They are too damn demanding for a regular hobbyst to keep them live&kickin' , but on the other hand for some reason they are allways available on the stocklist in large numbers.

JoeJoe, purple queen anthias is IMHO a BIG no no in reef aquaristic...

They are too damn demanding for a regular hobbyst to keep them live&kickin' , but on the other hand for some reason they are allways available on the stocklist in large numbers.

If it is a difficult fishes to keep why online are stating it required moderate care? Quite misleading right?