Brain Bleaching

dulcet

Hey bros,

As you can see from the picture, my brain is bleaching real badly... i try moving it to different positions (high flow to low flow, near to the light, hide it in shade) for the pass 2 weeks, but it's not helping..

I dose calcium and bacteria regularly, and only feed once a day... no LS is bothering with it either..

My water parameter for CA is around 400, and for nitrate is 10 and below, temperature is 26-28,

lighting i am using is 4 x 24w for my 42gallon IOS, taking away the IOS compartment only around 30gallons ++ are available for the main tank...

i have other corals, like hammer, elegances, plate, leather, shrooms... all are well and opening fully..............

only this brain is having problem... <_<

Any advice for me?? :(

post-19103-0-78476700-1302189673_thumb.j

• 8 months later...

You test PO4 and see the result, I guest PO4 is too high. Once I faced the same problem as I did not care about PO4 level, then I applied PO4 removal equipment. Bleaching seem stop since then, but the bleached corals have not recover its colour. I intend to try some more nutritrition such as Zeovit Coral Vitlizer hoping the coral becoming colourful again

• SRC Member

can't really tell from the picture, but it doesn't seem like just bleaching to me, are there already flesh recessions from the sides?

what i would do is first have the brain on the sandbed. when you see extention or when there're feeding tentacles (at night) try spot feeding the small pieces of market prawns and see if it accepts. in my experience, such feeding would normally help or at least slow down the bleaching process