Where to write in an appeal to LTA?

Achilles Tang

• SRC Member

AT my advice:

1) got to know whether is TP or LTA or HDB who gave u the summon. jaz see the summon letter is from where. no point getting all the diff add from so many department.

2)write to the person who has sign on the summon letter (only that person got the power to waive yr summon)

3) yr letter should include words like ( appeal to yr good office)

4) you got to let them know that u are sorry and that u know that its yr mistake.(no use to argue wif them coz they got the evidence and u r in a losing state so its better to ask for wavieing of the summon)

5) make sure you got no outstanding fine wif them ( yr letter should include that u have no other offence nor outstanding fine wif them)

6) letter should say that you have a bit of $ problem( maybe can say that yr work has been delayed and that payment got pro too)

7)last but not least letter should use (waive the summon and not pls cancel the summon) DO NOT USE the words"CANCEL THE SUMMON")

8)if the appeal letter is not approve then the second letter ask to bring down the summon money

hope got some help to u

• SRC Member
AT my advice:

1) got to know whether is TP or LTA or HDB who gave u the summon. jaz see the summon letter is from where. no point getting all the diff add from so many department.

2)write to the person who has sign on the summon letter (only that person got the power to waive yr summon)

3) yr letter should include words like ( appeal to yr good office)

4) you got to let them know that u are sorry and that u know that its yr mistake.(no use to argue wif them coz they got the evidence and u r in a losing state so its better to ask for wavieing of the summon)

5) make sure you got no outstanding fine wif them ( yr letter should include that u have no other offence nor outstanding fine wif them)

6) letter should say that you have a bit of $ problem( maybe can say that yr work has been delayed and that payment got pro too)

7)last but not least letter should use (waive the summon and not pls cancel the summon) DO NOT USE the words"CANCEL THE SUMMON")

8)if the appeal letter is not approve then the second letter ask to bring down the summon money

hope got some help to u

I doubt your second point .... <_<

Normally the one who issue the dummon is the one who sign

and s/he is not the one with the authority to do wavier ....

Also, your point six ..... it is necessary? :unsure:

Agree with your point gour though ... :D

You may be surprise,

There may be repercussion

When the language gets too fluent

The authority may perceive that you are a high-income earner

Thus not necessary to waive the summon

<_<

Who knows ??? :angel:

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

dino i quite agree to yr point on my point(6) but i mean if pple would want to use reason like go toilet or didnt know etc

i think no money would be far more better reson.

for my point (2) i would not agree wif u coz the person who sign on the summon letter is the one who have the power to waive the summon if u look carefully it is always the head of the department who sign the summon letter for ex: the summon letter issue by LTA is always sign by the head of the department rank always and ASP of coz unless the person promoted la

• SRC Member
dino i quite agree to yr point on my point(6) but i mean if pple would want to use reason like go toilet or didnt know etc

i think no money would be far more better reson.

for my point (2) i would not agree wif u coz the person who sign on the summon letter is the one who have the power to waive the summon if u look carefully it is always the head of the department who sign the summon letter for ex: the summon letter issue by LTA is always sign by the head of the department rank always and ASP of coz unless the person promoted la

You means the 'Head' was out in the street summoning people :o I doubt so ....

Or the summon was signed before hand? :o I doubt so too ...

If I am not wrong

Summon forms only carries the tittle of the relevant authority and not the name of the person resuming the position. Otherwise, whenever s/he posted out the form got to be change ... :P

My understanding is that the one issuing the ticket are signing for the authority, its not the authority signature... ;)

Hence, the person who issue the summon is only doing the execution work, he has no authority to wavie it off. This has been a practice adopted to curb corruption :eyebrow: , same goes to the person "The head of department".

Waiver are normally dealt by a group of delicated full time staffs not releated to other department. Of course, the 'head' may be able to influence, provided you know him/her personally.

dino07.gif