itch come and go .....

hi guys bought a purple tang .... water parameter good .... eating well ...but kena itch ... feed it with brine / mysis shrimp soaked in garlic guard ...then recover .... a few days later itch came back ...again feed food soak in garlic ...then recovers ...after a few days itch came back again !!! :angry: ..all this while it has been eating well ...no new live stock added ... no itch on other live stock...anyone knows how to prevent this ??? btw i hve 2 cleaner shrimp in the tank also ....

• SRC Member

even u feed the tang with garlic food and it recover..

it might still have the chances of infected with It again

because the cycle of ICH might have already begin thus

those eggs of Ich have already scatter into the water and its life

cycle will go on and on again...

best is to reduce the gravity and give this guys a shock but be careful if your tank come wiht a corals or so...

do it slowly kekeke :):rolleyes:

best way to prevent it, is always to dip your new fishes into some solution first before introduce them into your tank

the only surefire way IMO to to treat all fishes in a separate tank (if you have corals) with hyposalinity methods, while leaving your main tank fishes for about a month. As long as there are still fishes in your main tank, although they may not look infected, they can be host for ich, and its a never ending story: Infected fish removed, treated, back to the tank...infected again.

At least the method works really well for me :)

IMO, ich will come and go....... but once ur fish recovers from ich time and time again, sooner or later, it will be immune to it....... that's what happened to my YT. while the rest of the fishes kanna ich, my YT is still ich-free.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Powder Blue Tangs by nature are already very sensitive compared to other tangs. Mine also kanna ick and RIP while my YT, PT, BT and sailfin Tang were all ok after about a month. The ick will come and go the first few weeks and should disappear after this. Seen 3 cycles of this in my tank already. Happens each time when I introduce a new fish.... must be patience with feeding of garlic juice thingy and best still, with anti-parasite food pellets. It will take weeks, not days to recover from ick. Good luck!

Ich will not appear out of the blue, and will not come and go if there are no predisposing factors like having the parasite residing in your tank in the first place, or adding new livestock or water that has the parasite in them.

if your tank is completely rid of ich (fishless method), and your fishes are completely rid of the parasite before introducing into your tank, i do not think the parasite will appear out of the blue.

However, it is not easy to upkeep this status, imagine even you have a tank totally clear of this parasite, and you got to hyposalinate every single new fish for a month before adding into your tank :nc:

• SRC Member

Yes, ich come and go. My blue hippo tang kanna ich again after return back to the main tank. Those stupid ich must have laying eggs all over shop.

Well, Boh pian. Shall move all fishes to Qtank. Remain fishless for a month. Shall also try to reduce SG.

Btw, I got a refugium, will ich attack copepods or amphipods in it?

So far I see, they are quite okay.. :erm: