DIY compact algae scrubber...

MbmC

opp forgot to press attach file :pirate:

Nice! Do you mind pm-ing me on how much this cost you? I am thinking of using 2 Nano Glo to DIY a smaller one but I am not sure if Nano-Glos would work.

Materialism :- He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Nice! Do you mind pm-ing me on how much this cost you? I am thinking of using 2 Nano Glo to DIY a smaller one but I am not sure if Nano-Glos would work.

Enquire from delightings regarding diying the atf...i'm diying one 3 feet atf soon...nw still making my new sump...hee

• 4 weeks later...

hi it been very long since i update about the ATS

its been 10weeks months since i made my last WC :score:

decom my skimmer 1months ago( was worried at first and i did a nitrate test twice everyday for a week :paiseh: ,now i'm still doing but once a week)

changes i made to the ATS

increased the slit to about 3-4 mm

upgraded the pump to ab3000

thing i noted.

during the first 3 week , i don't notice much algae growth but after the 4th week the turf algae start to grow at a fast pace.

seem to me there is also a so call 'break in ' period

read santa monica about this part 'because weaker light will grow darker algae. Stronger light grows bright green algae, which does the most filtering'

and 'Stronger lighting is always better, until you start "burning" the algae. Burned algae will be yellow, because it is getting too much light but not enough nutrients from the flow. More light requires more nutrients, which give you more filtering.

So if you have yellow growth, increase the flow so that more nutrient are delivered to the algae. If you can't increase flow, then add some iron. If you can't add iron, then reduce the number of hours the lights are on. Do not reduce the wattage, however; stronger light for less hours is better than weaker light for more hours, because weaker light will grow darker algae. Stronger light grows bright green algae, which does the most filtering. '

thus i got a ab3000 pump from a reefer and try out.

well picture show the 3 days worth of algae growth.

just tested the parameter.

NO3 0 using salifert

my sump now only have filter socks for my DT outlet and my ATS outlets

manual dosing of KH/MG/CAL

still dosing prodibio biodigest and bioptim

have to clean the acrylic once every 3 days due to salt spray but i guess i could live with the 5min maintenance

i notice my KH got suck quite fast and i guessing it the ATS which doing it.

increase my usual KH.

my water clasrity became very clear and one of my brain showing sign of bleaching. had to locate it near to a shade

planning to introduce zeovit AAHC and CV for my tank but reefdepot out of stock so for now . :blink:

lovin my current setup now.

IMG_03621.jpg

IMG_03701.jpg

IMG_03761.jpg

decom my skimmer 1months ago( was worried at first and i did a nitrate test twice everyday for a week :paiseh: ,now i'm still doing but once a week)

thing i noted.

during the first 3 week , i don't notice much algae growth but after the 4th week the turf algae start to grow at a fast pace.

read santa monica about this part 'because weaker light will grow darker algae. Stronger light grows bright green algae, which does the most filtering'

and 'Stronger lighting is always better, until you start "burning" the algae. Burned algae will be yellow, because it is getting too much light but not enough nutrients from the flow. More light requires more nutrients, which give you more filtering.

So if you have yellow growth, increase the flow so that more nutrient are delivered to the algae. If you can't increase flow, then add some iron. If you can't add iron, then reduce the number of hours the lights are on. Do not reduce the wattage, however; stronger light for less hours is better than weaker light for more hours, because weaker light will grow darker algae. Stronger light grows bright green algae, which does the most filtering. '

NO3 0 using salifert

have to clean the acrylic once every 3 days due to salt spray but i guess i could live with the 5min maintenance

increase my usual KH.

my water clasrity became very clear and one of my brain showing sign of bleaching. had to locate it near to a shade

planning to introduce zeovit AAHC and CV for my tank but reefdepot out of stock so for now . :blink:

IMG_03621.jpg

IMG_03701.jpg

IMG_03761.jpg

frd, u got a pm

thing i noted.

NO3 0 using salifert

increase my usual KH.

IMG_03621.jpg

IMG_03701.jpg

IMG_03761.jpg

Receive my pm bro?

• 4 months later...

been a while now ,

hi Mbmc hows your tank with ATS doing?

i have stop doing any WC since i bought the ATS,

have a bit of algae on the rock since i bit neglecting for a while.

Cny coming so i took a few pictures.

btw my ATS have some obvious warping but leak or anything.

picture tell more

005.jpg

001-1.jpg

008.jpg

jerome

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

been a while now ,

hi Mbmc hows your tank with ATS doing?

i have stop doing any WC since i bought the ATS,

have a bit of algae on the rock since i bit neglecting for a while.

Cny coming so i took a few pictures.

btw my ATS have some obvious warping but leak or anything.

picture tell more

005.jpg

jerome

hi bro can share what is zoa is that with green trimming with orange face?

• 1 month later...