My 1.5ft Reef Log III

jackywongto

Wooohoooooo

Heard from MaxSpect that they are getting ready to ship the Mazarra soon........ so exciting......

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

An Article on Mazarra from Reef Builders: http://reefbuilders....rra-led-series/

Maxspect Mazarra LED branches out into the S and P series

July 20th, 2011 by Jake Adams

mazarra-led1.jpg

The highly anticipated third generation LED light from Maxspect, the Mazarra LED, will be available in two separate types of fixtures, the Mazarra S Series and the Mazarra P Series. We first got a look at the Maxspect Mazarra at Aquarama where we were also able to make a video introduction of the new Mazarra LED. Both the S and P series Mazarra LED lights will now have an onboard LCD for simple programming and they will sport the same general shape and appearance, with the main difference existing under the hood and in overall power level.

First to land in the aquarium market will be the P series Mazarra which will have four channel control, wireless controllability and it'll be rockin higher end LEDs such as the blinding Cree XM-L, Cree XP and Rebel ES LEDs. A follow up model to the P Series Mazarra will be the UV420 edition which as the name implies will have a couple UV LEDs under the hood to get the most coloration from some of the shallow water coral species. The S series Mazarra will be different mostly in lacking the wireless contollability and having only two channels of color control, but the stock editions of the S series Mazarra will also be equipped with the more economical Bridgelux LEDs.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

An Article on Mazarra from Reef Builders: http://reefbuilders....rra-led-series/

Maxspect Mazarra LED branches out into the S and P series

July 20th, 2011 by Jake Adams

mazarra-led1.jpg

The highly anticipated third generation LED light from Maxspect, the Mazarra LED, will be available in two separate types of fixtures, the Mazarra S Series and the Mazarra P Series. We first got a look at the Maxspect Mazarra at Aquarama where we were also able to make a video introduction of the new Mazarra LED. Both the S and P series Mazarra LED lights will now have an onboard LCD for simple programming and they will sport the same general shape and appearance, with the main difference existing under the hood and in overall power level.

First to land in the aquarium market will be the P series Mazarra which will have four channel control, wireless controllability and it'll be rockin higher end LEDs such as the blinding Cree XM-L, Cree XP and Rebel ES LEDs. A follow up model to the P Series Mazarra will be the UV420 edition which as the name implies will have a couple UV LEDs under the hood to get the most coloration from some of the shallow water coral species. The S series Mazarra will be different mostly in lacking the wireless contollability and having only two channels of color control, but the stock editions of the S series Mazarra will also be equipped with the more economical Bridgelux LEDs.

looks like a sniper gun to me

l7304smr.jpg

looks like a sniper gun to me

Come on, where is the Siang I know......

Thought you will say the 2 LED modules looks like breast pads.....wahahahaha.....

Aiyo, you're probably the only reefer that uses AI LEDs locally, why do you still want Mazarra?

Hmmm.... For my new tank (prob a 2 footer), I will need another 12 inch AI Or I can get the Mazarra..... your thoughts?

HI Jacky! Welcome back...!

Hey bro, glad to see that you are still around.

you still have your tank? I need to go check out your tank thread

Aiyo, you're probably the only reefer that uses AI LEDs locally, why do you still want Mazarra?

I think jacky's nano tank is one of the most "High tech " tank in SRC using such a sophisticated equipment and reef lighting. :P

WB! Awesome looking scape!

I know why Siang never say tt... coz runways are not his thing :friends:

Hey ZM.

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah I really quite like the scape.

The good thing is that the front scape is independent from the backdrop scape and can be rotated to any angle I want.... so I can get a new FTS view easily.

The water is so clear now and the rocks are so nice that yesterday, I found myself just starting blankly into an empty tank... :shock:

On Siang, ya you are right man.. I bet he likes Larry's Canon LED much better...... :lol:

Dimensions? Depends on what you want to keep as well.

Current plan is to get a 2 x 2 x 1.5 ft tank. With another 6 inch IOS at the back of the tank.

Mazarra - I am not sure if 2 set of Mazarra is sufficient to cover. 4 sets will be too many and might make the tank top look too cluttered.

AI - I will need to get another set. 24 inch will be just nice for 2x2x1.5

What I will be keeping.... totally no idea..... most likely still soft corals.

I think jacky's nano tank is one of the most "High tech " tank in SRC using such a sophisticated equipment and reef lighting. :P

Need to add in controllers, all the various reactors, web GUI, ATO, dosing pumps, Bubble King etc etc.... or maybe I can just hire a maid to maintain the tank...... lol

Hey bro, glad to see that you are still around.

you still have your tank? I need to go check out your tank thread

Yeah, around but invisible most of the time. haha

Welcome. Anyway, i havent update my thread for some time already. Feel free to dropby and leave a note!

• SRC Member

Current plan is to get a 2 x 2 x 1.5 ft tank. With another 6 inch IOS at the back of the tank.

Mazarra - I am not sure if 2 set of Mazarra is sufficient to cover. 4 sets will be too many and might make the tank top look too cluttered.

AI - I will need to get another set. 24 inch will be just nice for 2x2x1.5

What I will be keeping.... totally no idea..... most likely still soft corals.

You can consider supplementing the LEDs with T5s. Best of both worlds.

Yeah, around but invisible most of the time. haha

Welcome. Anyway, i havent update my thread for some time already. Feel free to dropby and leave a note!

Haha .. invisible just like everyone else.... :P

You can consider supplementing the LEDs with T5s. Best of both worlds.

Yeah but then the tank setup will look messy leh. :paiseh:

Another AI :)

Hey Marc... thanks for messing my brain up again.... lol

something neat n simple like this can already....

Should be a 2ft cube.... very nice :thumbsup:

2ft cube...u can ask reefsystems for a quote or dr evil

yeah - saw the 2 ft tank in madpetz.

Just nice.