Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Haha. For sis, many helpers cos rare. For bro, depends on their sincerity. lol

That's bad. I will ask my mum to create a forum account. Lol.

Anyway really lots of experienced reefer here. I am also a big fan of clownfish - which is why my 'Clownfish Forever' name. If you are new to marine go for easier anemone such as bubble tip rather than carpet anemone. And of course read up what clownfish uses bubble tip as host eg. Maroon clown

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

Hi. I just replied your PM before seeing your thread. Don't jump in getting the chiller now. Cycle your tank first and introduce 1-2 fishes after that. Since you like clown fishes, you can look for a pair after your cycling is done. The coral that you want to keep is probably a anemone which clowns host. You'll also need to do reading on what type of clowns host on what anemone. Best if you could meet and talk to reefers who stay near you. Where do you live? We are all very friendly and helpful bunch of people :friends: . Right bros :cheers:

i am stayin in teck whye hahha... my fish tank come today i am so happy... i don mind to go far to hv a look on ppl tanks or hw they change water or stuff... as havin problem on understandin by reading (will fall aslp :snore:) so is better for me to see real life hw ppl do it then i can understand hahaa...

the left side is the tank :D

post-22609-0-69464400-1361877626_thumb.j

That's bad. I will ask my mum to create a forum account. Lol.

Anyway really lots of experienced reefer here. I am also a big fan of clownfish - which is why my 'Clownfish Forever' name. If you are new to marine go for easier anemone such as bubble tip rather than carpet anemone. And of course read up what clownfish uses bubble tip as host eg. Maroon clown

my fish tank only come today :P and i still nt get a chiller yet so i don think i can get a coral so soon... i nw waitin to buy live rock second hand one hahah... see gt ppl sellin anot lol

Hi veronica, ok.. Clownfish hosting is sometimes a hit or miss thing... Sometimes they even host featherdusters or powerheads even theres a nice big bubble tip anemone around! Some clowns just refuse to go near anemones for whatever reason... You can google the net for clown hosting compatibility chart, which will tell you which anemone will more likely host which clown. I think maroon clowns and clarke clowns are the more easy fish to host anemone.... But then again, anemones are really not really easy to care for, water paramemters must be good, plus suitable lighting and current also key to keeping anemones. Go for easier species like the BTAs for a start... And they tend to move ard the tank until they find a suitable place to stay, so it might be the back of ur liverock which u wont see it anymore... Not to discourage you, just give u some heads up! Btw... Nice tank!

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

Hi veronica, ok.. Clownfish hosting is sometimes a hit or miss thing... Sometimes they even host featherdusters or powerheads even theres a nice big bubble tip anemone around! Some clowns just refuse to go near anemones for whatever reason... You can google the net for clown hosting compatibility chart, which will tell you which anemone will more likely host which clown. I think maroon clowns and clarke clowns are the more easy fish to host anemone.... But then again, anemones are really not really easy to care for, water paramemters must be good, plus suitable lighting and current also key to keeping anemones. Go for easier species like the BTAs for a start... And they tend to move ard the tank until they find a suitable place to stay, so it might be the back of ur liverock which u wont see it anymore... Not to discourage you, just give u some heads up! Btw... Nice tank!

er sory for been newbie.. but wat is a BTA have pic??? >< sry everyone to make u all vomit blood ><

• SRC Member

er sory for been newbie.. but wat is a BTA have pic??? >< sry everyone to make u all vomit blood ><

BTA stands for Bubble Tip Anemone, often comes in green and red - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+499+869&pcatid=869

Regards,
Jeff

Aquarium: 48" x 18" x 24" tank with 24" x 15" x 15" sump (approx. 150 gallons)
Equipment: Maxspect Razor 320W, Vortech MP40, Vertex Omega 180i, Eheim 1262 return pump, Hailea HS 66A, Bacteria King
Fish and coral food: Henry's Reefgourmet pellets, Preis coral energizer, Kent Marine PhytoPlex, Brightwell Reef Snow, Two-Little Fishies Marine Snow
Dosage: Triton Elements

IMG_0562small.jpg

Nice or not nice, I no chance Liao. Haha, placed my bet too early. Wahaha. If just keeping clown and anemone, not very hard. Only hard when you try many things together. Cycle your tank longer and do research on which clown to keep. Anemone needs chilled water and mild flow. Why clown host on anemone? Advice is introduce anemone and get it stable before introducing clowns. Do note some ppl are allergy to anemone and will get rashes.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Anemone needs good light but they will shift. So just make sure don't overblast. Target feed if you got the time, it will help.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Algae Scrubbler

BTA - bubble tip anemone

This is my bta with my maroon. Some say u shld never buy anemone this color, usually this color means they have bleached. Which means it lost its zooxanthellae (due to shock, stress or injury.,) which an enemone uses to make food thru absorbing light. Bleached anemone looks whitish and transparent. Usually they will die very soon, some how i manage to keep this anemone for 6 months...

post-20350-0-30036200-1361886747_thumb.j

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino

BTA - bubble tip anemone

This is my bta with my maroon. Some say u shld never buy anemone this color, usually this color means they have bleached. Which means it lost its zooxanthellae (due to shock, stress or injury.,) which an enemone uses to make food thru absorbing light. Bleached anemone looks whitish and transparent. Usually they will die very soon, some how i manage to keep this anemone for 6 months...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

WA... SUPER NICE LOR... I ALSO WAN... but ned chiller right?

Yes, u will need a chiller unless u can maintain a stable temp of 26... No, u definitely cant put it in now! Ur tank have to be fully cycled and the parameters have to be right and very stable. That is stable temp, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, ~0 nitrate. Anemones will not do well in new tanks, u probly have to wait for ur tank to mature first which imo, at least 3mnths old, before u even attempt to keep anemone. Why not start with simple corals first like mushrooms and zoas( after ur tank has completed cycling ). Learn as much as u can about basic water chemistry and reefing keeping.

Yes, u will need a chiller unless u can maintain a stable temp of 26... No, u definitely cant put it in now! Ur tank have to be fully cycled and the parameters have to be right and very stable. That is stable temp, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, ~0 nitrate. Anemones will not do well in new tanks, u probly have to wait for ur tank to mature first which imo, at least 3mnths old, before u even attempt to keep anemone. Why not start with simple corals first like mushrooms and zoas( after ur tank has completed cycling ). Learn as much as u can about basic water chemistry and reefing keeping.

thanks alot for the help :D