Anyone manage to keep LPS without chiller

• SRC Member

Hi, just wanna find out if anyone manage to keep gsp or mushrooms without Chiller.. Current temperature is Abt 30 average...

Don't have any special fan to cool etc.. Do enlighten me..

Regards

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

Best is get a auto top off for the water loss. If not your salinity will fluctuate drastically especially for small sized tank.

I'm using fan to keep GSP & Yuma too, temp is about 27. But evaporation is an issue for me.. Any recommendation on auto top up units?

• SRC Member

I'm using fan to keep GSP & Yuma too, temp is about 27. But evaporation is an issue for me.. Any recommendation on auto top up units?

Think more importantly is whats ur tank specs. Are you running a sump? For ATOs get a good and reliable one. If not might flood or even run  too low and spoil ur pump.

I think JBJ is a good and reliable ATO I am using that. Tunze is also quite good

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

• SRC Member

Think more importantly is whats ur tank specs. Are you running a sump? For ATOs get a good and reliable one. If not might flood or even run  too low and spoil ur pump.

I think JBJ is a good and reliable ATO I am using that. Tunze is also quite good

No sump man, I have a 10g. Small set up only, worse still in the sense that water levels always drop super fast due to the fan...

• SRC Member

the smaller the tank the more drastic the water evaporation and salinity swings. Can maybe consider the SMART ATO. should be able to fit for ur small tank. But reliability wise not too sure.

Clem's Clam Corner (Decommed)

60cm x 40cm x 30cm Tank

Nano tank reboot v2.0

• SRC Member

the smaller the tank the more drastic the water evaporation and salinity swings. Can maybe consider the SMART ATO. should be able to fit for ur small tank. But reliability wise not too sure.

Alright, thanks, will definitely check it out!

Need to find a solution, otherwise don't need to to go holiday liao(no one around to top up water haha)

• SRC Member

Am using the SMART ATO for the last 6 months on my 10g. the lens can get dirty at times; other than that it is all good

• SRC Member

Am using the SMART ATO for the last 6 months on my 10g. the lens can get dirty at times; other than that it is all good

nice! Gd to know a fellow 10g nano reefer using it too

Why will the lens get dirty though? Detritus or algae buildup? Any impact on function with dirty lens?

• SRC Member

nice! Gd to know a fellow 10g nano reefer using it too

Why will the lens get dirty though? Detritus or algae buildup? Any impact on function with dirty lens?

Algae .. no impact, i think all the 3 light will blink and has some music .. Just need to clean it and all good again. 

cheers. 

• SRC Member

Personally thinks fan must go with ato for nano tank. Im on 15g nano.. Using boyu 3fans. Evaporation rate 1.5l per day at 26degree constant. So i decide to diy a ato to keep me from topping up twice a day..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Algae .. no impact, i think all the 3 light will blink and has some music .. Just need to clean it and all good again. 

cheers. 

Thanks bro, will definitely check this out

Personally thinks fan must go with ato for nano tank. Im on 15g nano.. Using boyu 3fans. Evaporation rate 1.5l per day at 26degree constant. So i decide to diy a ato to keep me from topping up twice a day..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

yup agree, running fan too & everyday reach home must definitely do top-up otherwise pump will start to suck air. U DIYed a ATO?