RC Tank of the Month & Deltec Reactor

Maxima

• SRC Member

there are tons of weak reactors out there because most diyers do not understand the concept behind good designs...but then look at the size of tt thing!! I'm not surprise by its performance at all!!

marinebetta: i still owe you a skimmer..busy now will get back to you in Jan!

• SRC Member
there are tons of weak reactors out there because most diyers do not understand the concept behind good designs...but then look at the size of tt thing!! I'm not surprise by its performance at all!!

marinebetta: i still owe you a skimmer..busy now will get back to you in Jan!

No problem Alvy....been too busy myself so my tank's basically stagnant! :(

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• SRC Supporter

What then are good concepts for Calcium Reactors...??

Is the Korallin CR considered as one with a good design???

• SRC Member

What then are good concepts for Calcium Reactors...??

Is the Korallin CR considered as one with a good design???

hehe..tt is trade secret as well as my personal experience. :eyebrow:

understanding the concept behind how things work. check out my diy skimmers and Cal reactors. 1 hit 1 kill..i don't need to do prototypes to prove it works, though eventually AT became my quinea pig...hehehe!!

korallin is quite a good design. In terms of efficiency, it is quite good, you can't find any complains about it online..but pragmatically, there are some design features which make the deltec a slightly better reactor! I do think maxima is right that the deltec do have an edge over its competitors!

max: do you have lobang in making the funneling portion of the skimmer..not using an opaque reducer of coz but a transparent material funnel?? i also want to finish mbetta's stuff soon!

If you follow the thread closely. It seems that they suspect the very fine ca. carb particles as the cause of the high dkh reading. Ina way if you have fine particles recirculating in your pump, you'll find that it will wear down surfaces of impeller or the pumps ceramic shaft.

You might want to wait and see first before you invest in an expensive reactor.

• SRC Member

ribe: yes tt was wat i suspect too and even in the deltec website, they mentioned the replacement impellor as a cheap item which one can easily afford, in anticipation of problems related to impellor wear and tear!..there's this thing about excess ca+++ which is not benefitial! think the design will work good even if one is not using the Rowas media..ARMS should work better than normal media!

• SRC Member
ribe: yes tt was wat i suspect too and even in the deltec website, they mentioned the replacement impellor as a cheap item which one can easily afford, in anticipation of problems related to impellor wear and tear!..there's this thing about excess ca+++ which is not benefitial! think the design will work good even if one is not using the Rowas media..ARMS should work better than normal media!

Spending 1 whole night to setup my Deltec PF600S and PF1000. These reactors make the rest looks like a JOKE! The package includes integrated Electronic Solenoid Valve, 5 micron pre-filter, Bubble Counter, easily open screw type loading and a des-gas chamber for CO2 and re-circulating of excess CO2 piping for efficient REUSE of CO2 and high PH effluent.

Opening the pump recirculating pump 100% ill pull the ARM media up from the bottom of the reactor! This is due to the Large TT and after reducing to 75% flow, everything is fine. Effluent count is 2/sec and CO2 is 2 / 3 sec. Effluent PH is 8.1 !! and dkh is 25dkh! :blink:

Will have to run a few days to bring the effluent PH down to 7.2 ~ 7.5 and dkh to 45dkh or more. :yeah:

Will be going oversea this morning, make a report when I'm back.

:whistle

Max

• SRC Member

Spending 1 whole night to setup my Deltec PF600S and PF1000. These reactors make the rest looks like a JOKE! The package includes integrated Electronic Solenoid Valve, 5 micron pre-filter, Bubble Counter, easily open screw type loading and a des-gas chamber for CO2 and re-circulating of excess CO2 piping for efficient REUSE of CO2 and high PH effluent.

Opening the pump recirculating pump 100% ill pull the ARM media up from the bottom of the reactor! This is due to the Large TT and after reducing to 75% flow, everything is fine. Effluent count is 2/sec and CO2 is 2 / 3 sec. Effluent PH is 8.1 !! and dkh is 25dkh! :blink:

Will have to run a few days to bring the effluent PH down to 7.2 ~ 7.5 and dkh to 45dkh or more. :yeah:

Will be going oversea this morning, make a report when I'm back.

:whistle

Max

The main problem with the wear and tear is due to newbie that open the circulation pump fully and end up ###### all the ARM into the pump. 75% opening of pump is already suffice. You can probably open fully if you are using German XL size media at 5~8mm size. Anyway, the highest dkh can be acheive by Aqua-care reactor, 60dkh~90dkh easily, welll respected and without problems.

There's alot senior reefers in europe that as no complain if you adjust it right, including David Saxby's 1200g reef. - running a single PF1000 on a highly stocked SPS tank.

• SRC Member

using ARMS?? I thought the original media tt comes with the reactor is Rowas C+ so something..tt media is a 2 part mix of coarse and very fine calcium media(not sure if it is the usual ones we use)

anyway the aquabee pump is rated for wat flowrate?? is it so powerful tt the 1M tall reactor filled with media has to have the pump tune down??

tt must be the best toy you have for a long time rite??i'm envious! :angry: