My first Lighting System

flubberina13

• SRC Member

Hey...just a glimpse especially for those whom I have consulted during the planning stage... :peace::bow:

More pics will come in the afternoon... :P

Raw Materials :

1) Aluminum Frame - $55.00

2) Three rods for hiding the wires - $20.00

3) Vossloh Eballasts - $126

4) Waterproof Endcaps - 6 pairs

5) Reflectors w light clips- 6 sets

6) Single-coil wire - $ 3.00

7) Three-coil wire - $2.00

8) 3 multi-colour plugs - $4.50

9) 24 pcs of nails - $6.00

10) Aquaz T5s - 6 tubes

Total : Less than $500. 00.

I think it's worth it... :P

post-9-1097291315.jpg

• SRC Member

Here's some more pics...and later some advice...

Kudos to my fellow brothers...

1) Derrick for the initial planning stage...tahnks for the patience in answering my numerous questions abt the design... :P

2) Daniel for the discovery of the two wrong wiring...preventing a blackout... :bow:

3) Robin and Razali for the exploration on fixing the endcaps to the frame...and Raz for the endcaps too... :peace:

4) Ming for all the efforts and the products offloaded and for enduring my temper... :P:paiseh: you are really a saint... :angel:

Did I leave out anyone? Pls remind me hor... :P You know my short term memory disease hor... :P:paiseh:

And then hope to have suggestions from you guys abt the better placement of the eballasts and wires...I dun like them sticking like this... :P

post-9-1097395091.jpg

• SRC Member
:yeah: Looks good. Guess the most pricey components were the end caps/ballasts? ;)

okay lah...can't help it...

I prefer the vossloh ones after having used elbiru and osram... :P

And I was fortunate to get the endcaps at an old price... :angel:

Hi,

may I know where you get your reflector and how much? Thanks

regads-fooyl

Previous Tank 3 x 2.5 x 2 ft since year 2005. 23 Jan 2009 fully decom my 3ft. Now only left 24"x14"x16" and I am very happy cos can see all my fish in near range.. haha

• SRC Member
Here's some more pics...and later some advice...

Kudos to my fellow brothers...

1) Derrick for the initial planning stage...tahnks for the patience in answering my numerous questions abt the design... :P

2) Daniel for the discovery of the two wrong wiring...preventing a blackout... :bow:

3) Robin and Razali for the exploration on fixing the endcaps to the frame...and Raz for the endcaps too... :peace:

4) Ming for all the efforts and the products offloaded and for enduring my temper... :P  :paiseh: you are really a saint...  :angel:

Did I leave out anyone? Pls remind me hor... :P  You know my short term memory disease hor... :P:paiseh:

And then hope to have suggestions from you guys abt the better placement of the eballasts and wires...I dun like them sticking like this... :P

sorry...I meant Raz for the delivery of the eballasts and not the endcaps... :paiseh:

• SRC Member

:huh::huh:

I thought I showed the complete set liao? B)

Maybe mine really looks very raw... :P

Daniel was suggesting an acrylic cover for the eballasts. Will see if it's feasible as they have been glued securely using 3M products to the frame liao... B)

• SRC Member
:huh::huh:

I thought I showed the complete set liao? B)

Maybe mine really looks very raw... :P

Daniel was suggesting an acrylic cover for the eballasts. Will see if it's feasible as they have been glued securely using 3M products to the frame liao... B)

yah using acrylic to cover will be good.. mine was like yours.. at the top also.. didnt thought of using any cover at first... but there's bound to be some splashes to the top of the lights when meddling with the tnak like feeding the corals.. so its safer to have a cover

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Got to show the lights up since Orchard Road has started theirs. :P

First Pic...

The First Lights... :P

Notice how out of Darkness come this marvellous light? :rolleyes::D

I purposely took everything in the dark so as to contrast the brightness of the Aquaz lights. :whistle

post-9-1100008646.jpg

• SRC Member

See how BLUE the actinic can be? :yeah:

Put a 20KK Aquaz T5 to compare with the blues of the three actinics bulbs. :heh:

The former can still stand on its own... B)

The blurity of the pic is due to the reflection of the AquaZ reflectors...not my photographic skills hor... :rolleyes::P:D

post-9-1100008861.jpg