Can find marine shops in Jakarta?

RockLobster

Are you looking for equipments? Singapore is much cheaper since most of the shop here, bought the stuff from there..

If you are looking for LFS, there are plenty..

- Sumenep road. It's around central jakarta, thamrin area. Many LFS gather here.

- If you are looking for LFS exporter which you can also buy in small quantity, go to Jalan surya utama 2N, No. 12, sunrise garden, west jakarta. You can find whole loads of corals and fishes here.

Just ask the taxi driver to go to those places, they should already knew the way.

• SRC Member
Are you looking for equipments? Singapore is much cheaper since most of the shop here, bought the stuff from there..

If you are looking for LFS, there are plenty..

- Sumenep road. It's around central jakarta, thamrin area. Many LFS gather here.

- If you are looking for LFS exporter which you can also buy in small quantity, go to Jalan surya utama 2N, No. 12, sunrise garden, west jakarta. You can find whole loads of corals and fishes here.

Just ask the taxi driver to go to those places, they should already knew the way.

Thanks!!!! :peace:

• SRC Member

Just a quick update.

I went to Sumenep last saturday (its right next to Oriental Mandarin Hotel).

Loads of small shops and its pretty cramped.

Didn't see much in terms of "rare/exotic" marine fishes, but they made it up with LOADS of corals hard and soft.

Prices of corals? I didnt ask but I got quoted a mid-sized Harlequin Shrimp for 50,000Rp.

Thats about S$9 from what I exchanged Rp for.

Very tempted :angel:

Will try to post some pics later :)

50.000 for a shrimp is expensive actually..I believe you can get it for 20.000. Always bargain for half of the asked price in sumenep..If they still don't want to lower the price, take a stroll to the other shops to check the lowest price you can get.

Oh btw, don't get imported marine fish such as yellow/purple tang as it's more expensive here than singapore...

Have you went to the marine exporter yet?

I also have an LFS which you can checkout..the guy who runs it is an american dude.. http://www.aquarium-laut.com/

The store is around kebon jeruk area, west jakarta.

• SRC Member
50.000 for a shrimp is expensive actually..I believe you can get it for 20.000. Always bargain for half of the asked price in sumenep..If they still don't want to lower the price, take a stroll to the other shops to check the lowest price you can get.

What!! Lucky didn't buy the harlequin shrimp. I'll be coming back to Singapore on friday morning, so maybe today after work wil make a trip down again to check it out.

Oh btw, don't get imported marine fish such as yellow/purple tang as it's more expensive here than singapore...

Yeah I was advised by my frens about this too. Anyway the fish selection isn't that impressive. Think all the 'good' stuff all exported to Singapore.

Have you went to the marine exporter yet?

Not really, the traffic here is really chaotic and when I took the taxi to Sumenep, the fare was Rp15K, I gave the driver Rp20K. He acted blur that he has no change to gimme. In the end I got off without my change.

I also have an LFS which you can checkout..the guy who runs it is an american dude.. http://www.aquarium-laut.com/

The store is around kebon jeruk area, west jakarta.

I'll try to check it out as I'll be going back to Jkt next week. But I'll need to be more cautious and I really dont like to be rip off by the taxis. Rp5k is less than S$1, not much but to me its a matter of principle

Live and learn :)

;)