Can Clown SweetLips be kept in pairs?

• SRC Member

Hi, any reefers have the experience with Clown Sweetlips?

I like the combination of white spots with chocolate color skin...

My desk research tells me a lot of information on their diet and general keeping but there isn't much info on keeping them in pairs.

Although they are half clown and half sweetlips, I'm not sure if in pairs and if one is a bully, would they fight each other to death?

Or is their courtship ritual (btn a male and female) a 'rough' journey with the male fish showing agreesive stances to woo the female?

Hi, any reefers have the experience with Clown Sweetlips?

I like the combination of white spots with chocolate color skin...

My desk research tells me a lot of information on their diet and general keeping but there isn't much info on keeping them in pairs.

Although they are half clown and half sweetlips, I'm not sure if in pairs and if one is a bully, would they fight each other to death?

Or is their courtship ritual (btn a male and female) a 'rough' journey with the male fish showing agreesive stances to woo the female?

First of all they are NOT half Clown and half Sweetlip. They are just Sweetlips and get H U G E in size .. then again their taste is good so...

Tiny ones are cute but hard to keep they feed on detritus just like baby Platax pinnatus.. They can be kept well together but since they grow so large and quick...

• SRC Member

First of all they are NOT half Clown and half Sweetlip. They are just Sweetlips and get H U G E in size .. then again their taste is good so...

Tiny ones are cute but hard to keep they feed on detritus just like baby Platax pinnatus.. They can be kept well together but since they grow so large and quick...

Agreed with you on the taste part, Johan. I have tried a sweetlip from my fishing trip before...

Very limited online info on the experiences of keeping more than 1...

Could you mind telling me which part of the research led you to thinking it is half clown and half sweetlips... This show that you research is really minimal... Not to be harsh but sweetlips are a difficult fish to keep and alot new reefers buy them becos they are cheap and nice and dun know they grow up to be large adults food fish...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Correct, Tiny ones are collected in the mangroves and their typical swimming behavior resembles "swimming flatworms"............. Predators tend to stay away of that as we know ... Cute but needs detritus and somebody with experience..

Next topic, please

• SRC Member

Could you mind telling me which part of the research led you to thinking it is half clown and half sweetlips... This show that you research is really minimal... Not to be harsh but sweetlips are a difficult fish to keep and alot new reefers buy them becos they are cheap and nice and dun know they grow up to be large adults food fish...

Maybe I was not not clear with my words. When I said 'half clown, half sweetlip', its purely from its appearance angle. This is not because of the research efforts.

The research which I'm referring to is pertaining to keeping clown sweetlip in captivity and more geared towards providing info. relating to keeping them in pairs.

Hope this clarifies.

Maybe I was not not clear with my words. When I said 'half clown, half sweetlip', its purely from its appearance angle. This is not because of the research efforts.

The research which I'm referring to is pertaining to keeping clown sweetlip in captivity and more geared towards providing info. relating to keeping them in pairs.

Hope this clarifies.

It is a schooling fish by nature..........