Noisey new arctica 1/10 chiller? is this a norm?

heavenkid

Hi guys, just bought a new arctica 1/10 chiller from petmart and hook up to my 2ft tank. Hmm, its kind of loud when its kick in. I can heard the fan sound, kind of loud. Sound level maybe just a bit low than my hailea hc-150. Is it a norm?

Can arctica users advise? I never hear a arctica chiller in action before. Sorry for being a mountain turtle.

Hi guys, just bought a new arctica 1/10 chiller from petmart and hook up to my 2ft tank. Hmm, its kind of loud when its kick in. I can heard the fan sound, kind of loud. Sound level maybe just a bit low than my hailea hc-150. Is it a norm?

Can arctica users advise? I never hear a arctica chiller in action before. Sorry for being a mountain turtle.

Btw i using a eheim 2028 with it.

• SRC Member

Arctica is reputed to be quiet. Better check with Petmart.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

my 1/4 arctica was not noisy.. u can hear it but it's like a gentle whirl... get it checked

Hi guys, I just called up Aqua nautic and spoke to the technician. He told me it's normal to hear the fan sound unless it's metal knocking sound from the condenser then the chiller gt problem. But for my fan sound, I not sure is it consider loud a not. Guess I will have to monitor and see how.

Hi guys, I just called up Aqua nautic and spoke to the technician. He told me it's normal to hear the fan sound unless it's metal knocking sound from the condenser then the chiller gt problem. But for my fan sound, I not sure is it consider loud a not. Guess I will have to monitor and see how.

I wonder can I post sound clip of the chiller here so that arctica users can advise me whether the sound of my fan is normal a not. ^.*

I wonder can I post sound clip of the chiller here so that arctica users can advise me whether the sound of my fan is normal a not. ^.*

Sorry guys, one more qn, is there any prefilter behind the plastic panel? Coz when I remove the plastic panel, there isn't any filter. I can see the metal fins straight away. As for hailea, there is a plastic prefilter like those for aircon to trap dust or other foreign objects attached to the panel. U can wash it whenever it's get dirty.

• SRC Member

Sorry guys, one more qn, is there any prefilter behind the plastic panel? Coz when I remove the plastic panel, there isn't any filter. I can see the metal fins straight away. As for hailea, there is a plastic prefilter like those for aircon to trap dust or other foreign objects attached to the panel. U can wash it whenever it's get dirty.

No pre-filter. Just the metal fins.

Vacuum the metal fins if doing your own maintenance..

The initial kick-in had the compressor start up sound too.

But continous running, just the fan sound.

Thk bro limsc for ur reply. Mine too, initial kick in can heard the compressor sound.. But after a short while, just the fan loud blowing sound.. I hear a teco in action before, it's much quieter.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi heavenkid,

I own a hailea 150 and arctica 1/10 as well. To me, i find that arctica is more louder than hailea. Hope this information help you. Thank you.

• SRC Member

I have used and tested all range of 2 more reliable chiller. Teco and arctica. Thus far I find arctica is super quiet and fast cooling efficient. Infact, the arctica mini chiller dun even have much noise and u dun even know the chiller has kicked in unless u touch the chiller