JBJ 24g nano cube

starfish123

• SRC Member

:unsure: I thought JBJ 24g already has built in fans???

It's not quite enough for the singapore weather. With a shoestring budget, you can still pursue this hobby but be prepared for compromises like what has been mentioned - strict husbandry regime, careful livestock selection, patience, abilitiy to control one's self.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

Just curious, but how much does it usually cost to setup a nano reef?what abt the maintenance?

For me an 8 gallon, I spent about $750 on the equipment (including filter media) and livestock. On average, maintenance is not more than $20 a month (monthly water change).

Regards,

Anonymous2294

This is how my tank looked like currently

post-13774-0-61304100-1318080740_thumb.j

The cost of the equipment in total is about $400.

I estimate the fish and coral to be about $200

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Fishs : 1x Cardinalfish, 2 x false Percula Clownfish

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

Tank Thread : [url=http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83257]

This is the standard 24 gal jbj nano cube where you can get from many places. The additional additional things I buy is the wave maker and change the stock pump that comes with it. I believe that the boyu version is even cheaper. I am using a minimalists approach in setting up this tank. Of course, I will be able to have nicer fish and corals if I have invested in more better equipment.

WhiteFish

Equipment: JBJ 24g Nano Cube with 9 x 3W White & 9 X 3W Royal Blue LED Lighting + Tunze Nanostream 6025+ 1 Fan

Inverts : 1x Sea Serpent starfish, 1x blue legged hermit crab, 1 x orange starfish

Corals : 2 x Lobophyllia, brown rics, red & green mushrooms, Yuma, Torch, Octo, favites, , clove, 1 x Aveopora,

wa, where u buy your tank from?

I forgot to mentioned that I brought mine from Aquamarin about 4 years back ( initially I thought that it was only 3 years) ? Back then I knew almost nothing about marine. I paid additional some money from them to help deliver the tank and setup the tank with salt water and do simple landscaping. I strongly recommend this for a beginner.

Along the way, I made many mistakes but learn more about keeping marine aquarium through reading this forum and from trial and error.

The 24 gal is the best option for beginners to learn and decide whether they like the hobby. If if you gave up, the cost is still not that great.

Any tank smaller will be too unstable for a beginner. Actually the cheapest way is to buy 2nd hand and get someone experienced to set it up initially.

WhiteFish

This is the standard 24 gal jbj nano cube where you can get from many places. The additional additional things I buy is the wave maker and change the stock pump that comes with it. I believe that the boyu version is even cheaper. I am using a minimalists approach in setting up this tank. Of course, I will be able to have nicer fish and corals if I have invested in more better equipment.

Yeap. If i remember correctly, the Boyu 24 gallon cube costs about $167 (before discount) at Nanyang Seaview.

Regards,

Anonymous2294

Jbj have a few models - 24gal is with normal lights while 28 gal comes with the LED version. Of course, led is better but I believe it costs at least 2x or 3x more. It is always a compromise between features and cost. Just google and you will find out more.

WhiteFish