4ft & 5ft marine tank

I have a budget of 5-6k.Anyone know any supplier who can give a good price to set up a marine tank (4ft or 5ft marine tank included all equipment , fishes and coral).

I am a new comer so greatly appreciate your help.

• SRC Member

I have a budget of 5-6k.Anyone know any supplier who can give a good price to set up a marine tank (4ft or 5ft marine tank included all equipment , fishes and coral).

I am a new comer so greatly appreciate your help.

Based on your intro, u sound like someone with absolutely zero knowledge in the hobby. No problems with that, but u should read up more before taking the plunge. Many cases of bros here spending a few grand to setup a beautiful tank only to decomm it at a fraction of the cost a few months down the road coz they didn't know the commitment needed in terms of monthly cost/labour/possible murphies.

If you think that spending 5-6k to get someone to fully automated setup a marine tank, where you only need to 'top up tap water to replenish evaporated water and clean tank walls from algae weekly', treat this as a warning that you are making a big mistake.

In other news, welcome to SRC bro. We have plenty of helpful threads for you to research and reefers who can help you out to specific questions if the threads don't answer your questions.

• SRC Member

yup I second Coral Reef aquarium ( but you must know what you want) or N30.

Also, if you're a new comer, I personally think you should read up first all about the cycling period, the time you need for this hobby, the commitment, the amount of money it takes to run a tank of that size AND the monthly maintainence you will need to do yourself before you even take the plunge.

AS comycus had mentioned, there have been many reefers whom we see setup and within 6 months decommission, and losing allot of money as well as the Livestock in their haste to stock up to achieve their "dream" when actually it's all a matter of time before the tank crashes if you go too big with zero knowledge. Ray has given you a link to the forumn page with a few good links. Do yourself a favor and go through them before taking the plunge. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Based on your intro, u sound like someone with absolutely zero knowledge in the hobby. No problems with that, but u should read up more before taking the plunge. Many cases of bros here spending a few grand to setup a beautiful tank only to decomm it at a fraction of the cost a few months down the road coz they didn't know the commitment needed in terms of monthly cost/labour/possible murphies.

If you think that spending 5-6k to get someone to fully automated setup a marine tank, where you only need to 'top up tap water to replenish evaporated water and clean tank walls from algae weekly', treat this as a warning that you are making a big mistake.

In other news, welcome to SRC bro. We have plenty of helpful threads for you to research and reefers who can help you out to specific questions if the threads don't answer your questions.

Thanks for your advice.Any good recommendations based on your fruitful experience?

yup I second Coral Reef aquarium ( but you must know what you want) or N30.

Also, if you're a new comer, I personally think you should read up first all about the cycling period, the time you need for this hobby, the commitment, the amount of money it takes to run a tank of that size AND the monthly maintainence you will need to do yourself before you even take the plunge.

AS comycus had mentioned, there have been many reefers whom we see setup and within 6 months decommission, and losing allot of money as well as the Livestock in their haste to stock up to achieve their "dream" when actually it's all a matter of time before the tank crashes if you go too big with zero knowledge. Ray has given you a link to the forumn page with a few good links. Do yourself a favor and go through them before taking the plunge. :)

Thanks for your precious advice.I will heed your advice and take it into consideration.

regarding marine tank water i thought is salt mix water lol