Whole Live Stock wipe out

Loss my whole live stock due to itch from my purple tang .....i thought it was eating well (with food soaked in garlic) n after juz one week i introduce in my main tank ...BIG MISTAKE !!! the next day it developed itch and spread to my yellow tang, my flame angel :cry: (favourite) , 2 clarkii :cry: (favourite), 2 false clowns ..... although the itch faded away after 3 days of continuous feeding food with soaked in garlic ....(actually later read from somewhere that the itch will temporary leave the fish body to hatch on rocks or the sandbed n come back stronger !!!)....... fourth day it was all hell broke loose :( .....things get worse when i tried to catch them ... my tangs so stress out that the itch got worse when they r in the hospitial tank!!! after 2 days one by one started to die off till this morning ....nothing was left :cry2: ....nw have to leave the tank fishless for 6 weeks to stop the itch from cycling inside the main tank .....so guys please ...please quarantinee all new livestock no matter where u buy them from ...juz sharing my experience...

• SRC Member

I found out something.. The more you try to chase the fishes around (when catching it), the more the ich outbreaks.. so its either you catch the fish at one go or leave it alone and treat it in there...

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

I got the same experience 2....that's y now I only keep coral and dare not to buy any more fishes for the moment.

But I have the only survival purple tang in my main tank now with ich for over a mth liao....still strong...thinks it has inmmune to ich liao.

Eating well but ich didnt go off.

Lucky still got 1 survival

:)

What i learned from my experience is that when there's ich outbreak...continue to feed the fish with garlic soaked food and do water changes more regularly to improve the water quality.

ALso try not to fish the fish out to place in a quaratine tank unless u can do so w/o further stressing the fish and ensuring the quaratine tank is of top water quality. ( If not, the fish will be further stressed)

Ich will always be present in any aquarium but a nutritional diet will lower the chance of any possible outbreak . :D