How to make water crystal clear

• SRC Member

i did say physical. ;):)

huh.. so if I'm gonna click on that buy now button, they are gonna tell me its not shipping yet? <_<

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

sori bro, not to make an arguement, but the fact that free floating bacterias, both good and bad, cant be isolated from each other. whether u place ur uv sterilizer in a strategic place wont matter, for as much as u may claim beneficial bacteria will less affected, u cant guarantee that bad bacteria will be likely killed as well....

just my opinion.....

huh.. so if I'm gonna click on that buy now button, they are gonna tell me its not shipping yet? <_<

Extract from the page:

"This product was added to our catalog on Monday 12 January, 2004"

So technically, if you click on the button now, Edmund can deliver, but before the 12/01, the distributor probably hasn't released the stock yet.

So at best, those who claim to have tested ReefEZ Carbon may have mixed up the brand with another.

Please do get your facts right :)

• SRC Member

I got one china brand ozone that controls by percentage.. starts from 10% and increments every 10% all the way.. still I dun like the smell.. :(

can't use it in an enclosed room.. must open window big big and lots of wind sia.. :(

which brand UV are you using? How much huh?

Out of curiousity, what brand of ozone is that ? I saw one at a LFS which sells about $68.

• SRC Member
It's an absorbent. Once full, throw away.

You don't wash a sa*****y pad. :lol:

MAN!.... ;)

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

Wah, been using it for less than 2 weeks leh... izit becos there are impurities in the water dat's why it turned blackish so fast, does it mean if i change a new one now, it will last longer? if not every 10 days or so change one, can die leh... more ex than S...tary pads leh!!!

kekekeke....

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Wah, been using it for less than 2 weeks leh... izit becos there are impurities in the water dat's why it turned blackish so fast, does it mean if i change a new one now, it will last longer? if not every 10 days or so change one, can die leh... more ex than S...tary pads leh!!!

kekekeke....

Vincent Ho

yes.. and maybe. You gotta watch the feeding of fishes.. too much food would cloud water and also cause more waste from fishes...

• SRC Member

Out of curiousity, what brand of ozone is that ? I saw one at a LFS which sells about $68.

I forgot what brand but it should be the same one. Checked in many LFSs. Its either that china brand one or some other brand which will never go below $100.

BTW mine's only $50. :) . yah.. most shops sell it for $60+

Vincent...

When polyfilters turn dark brownish/black, it indicates that you have a high level of dissolved organics.

To use polyfilters to remove dissolved organics is like shooting a fly with a howitzer cannon instead of using a flyswatter. It works but its terribly expensive to do so long-term.

you should use GAC to remove organics... and use the polyfilter pad to absorb possible contaminants that the carbon can't.

Your wallet will thank you. ;)

• SRC Member
Vincent...

When polyfilters turn dark brownish/black, it indicates that you have a high level of dissolved organics.

To use polyfilters to remove dissolved organics is like shooting a fly with a howitzer cannon instead of using a flyswatter. It works but its terribly expensive to do so long-term.

you should use GAC to remove organics... and use the polyfilter pad to absorb possible contaminants that the carbon can't.

Your wallet will thank you. ;)

so should I say that if I'm gonna use a very good protein skimmer, the poly filter could be used longer? Since they both work by removing organic/protein matter in water..

so should I say that if I'm gonna use a very good protein skimmer, the poly filter could be used longer? Since they both work by removing organic/protein matter in water..

Yup! You got it!

IMO. in order of effectiveness vs cost of running (to remove dissolved pollutants in a reef tank).

1. Skimmer (good ones from Germany/US/UK and not the cheap Taiwanese/China ones).

2. GAC

3. Polyfilters

4. Small water changes

• SRC Member

Yup! You got it!

IMO. in order of effectiveness vs cost of running (to remove dissolved pollutants in a reef tank).

1. Skimmer (good ones from Germany/US/UK and not the cheap Taiwanese/China ones).

2. GAC

3. Polyfilters

4. Small water changes

:blink: Running GAC + Ozone make a world differences. You see it, smell it <_< and your wallet will feel it -> a german made ozone generator + ORP controller will comes to $500~800 :blink::blink:

BTW, you stil need a Good Skimmer to mix it all up-> to take put DOC that has been chemically bonded by O3.