sand

akumanohi

Is it a light dusty covering of brown or thick maroon matty covering with oxygen bubbles in them?

The former will be diatoms.... once they finish the silicates in your water, they should die out.

The latter will be cyanobacteria... that one is harder to get rid of and usually indicates a high amount of dissolved organics & phosphates in your water.

The use of GAC and Rowaphos should help a lot for both.

Since his tank is still very new, I don't think there will be so much nutrients to have cyanobacteria, right?

U means the diatoms will disappear after some time? <_<

By the way, I heard from a friend that by using a DSB, after few years, it will normally crash and acts as a nutrient tank hence usually cyanobacteria will apear. Is it true? :thanks:

His 2 or 3 month old tank is probably stocked up already. We don't know what he has inside nor do we know how efficient is his biological filtration setup nor his equipment setup.

All this will affect the level of dissolved nutrients in this tank... and the appearance of diatoms or cyano or dinoflagalletes will signal that they are 'feasting' on it.

Simply - remove the 'fuel'... and they will go away.

:off: Still debatable. Too few cases happening to panic yet. There are 15 year old DSBs around. Anywway... DSB or Liverock... these will absorb heavy metals from the saltmix and additives we put into our reef tanks... so a crash may be coming your way...maybe. ;)

hey~ lac lac lac brother AT, i noe i noe. so its gd lahz ya? hehe:) erm... AT, i really wish to get some SPS into my tank but i seldom see it... can u intro mi to some shope which have sell it and also cheap which can have discount? hey ben, thankx for ur explaination... realli appreciate alot... thankx~

Aku,

You're off topic and its quite rude to hijack someone else's thread. You are new to the hobby and inexperienced and have yet to learn about basic reefkeeping. You SHOULD NOT venture into SPS coral keeping because I can guarantee you that you will be killing them and wasting money.

AT

AT, i really wish to get some SPS into my tank but i seldom see it... can u intro mi to some shope which have sell it and also cheap which can have discount?

I was referring to this.

• SRC Member
Aku,

You're off topic and its quite rude to hijack someone else's thread. You are new to the hobby and inexperienced and have yet to learn about basic reefkeeping. You SHOULD NOT venture into SPS coral keeping because I can guarantee you that you will be killing them and wasting money.

AT

If aku wants to kill these SPS coral, better might as well give to both of us, hehe

Yes, my friend, you did.

You should start your own thread.

Imagine if you started a thread talking about apples, and people come in to talk about cars and dogs and aeroplanes?

Understand now?

I will have to delete these past few posts now... more work for the admin.